6 weeks old Chinese gosling gender

Oink is a good sign of female at its age. Well bread Chinese at that age are usually piercing your ears with a call if there a boy. My African boys the same age can deep chatter and sound like a girl but not oink. My girls can also chatter but you hear the deep oink sound and no high pitched noise.

Oink is a good sign of female at its age. Well bread Chinese at that age are usually piercing your ears with a call if there a boy. My African boys the same age can deep chatter and sound like a girl but not oink. My girls can also chatter but you hear the deep oink sound and no high pitched noise.
Thanks.

He/she is quiet all day.
Just honks with embedded oinks when it sees me and when I walk away.
I might actually record it and I will share it here.

Definitely sounds like a girl to me! The boys don't oink like that, they have more of a "squeal". She is absolutely beautiful!! Reminds me of exhibition birds!

As for the angel wing, since it seems to be sticking out pretty far, once she's fully grown you will probably want to clip the abnormal feathers to make sure they don't get caught on anything. I've seen geese with angel wing accidentally rip feathers out, it's not pretty :(

Definitely sounds like a girl to me! The boys don't oink like that, they have more of a "squeal". She is absolutely beautiful!! Reminds me of exhibition birds!

As for the angel wing, since it seems to be sticking out pretty far, once she's fully grown you will probably want to clip the abnormal feathers to make sure they don't get caught on anything. I've seen geese with angel wing accidentally rip feathers out, it's not pretty :(

Right at the end when you got her to express her voice Im calling girl. I have a Chinese cross African in the yard. She is from a white/dewlap slit breeding. SHE is cantankerous bossy in charge, goes under the fences and that is her voice. She is also one of th most attentive geese in the yard. Im calling pretty girl. Her name is Lips but her personality is hussy.

Thank you for identifying!
It will be very cool if she is a girl.

Thank you for the tip with the wings.

I have clipped ducks before. I assume you just need to clip flight feathers or is there a different procedure for geese?

She is roughly 6months old, at what age would you consider her fully grown to clip the feathers?

Thank you for identifying!
It will be very cool if she is a girl.

Thank you for the tip with the wings.

I have clipped ducks before. I assume you just need to clip flight feathers or is there a different procedure for geese?

She is roughly 6months old, at what age would you consider her fully grown to clip the feathers?
Yes, just the flight feathers same as ducks. Personally, out of an overabundance of caution, I would wait a few more months -- her feathers are honestly probably developed enough as is, but I wouldn't want to risk accidentally hurting a bird from clipping feathers that haven't fully lost nerves and blood supply yet.

Back
Top Bottom