60 yr old grandma becomes chicken farmer

ezicash

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 25, 2014
Hello everyone. I am a grandma of 2 wonderful grandchildren. I live is a small town in IL population 20K. I grow a garden so I can can my own food for my grandchildren and now I want organic eggs for m y grandchildren and myself (smile). Today i have Been spending most of the day reading other chicken lovers post. I decided 3 months ago to get 4 Rhode Island red pullets. I spent many many hours searching the internet on raising pullets for eggs. I bought a coop and made my own run (that was a joke) I fed my chicks watermelon today for the first time and now everytime I come near their cage - they run to me like expecting more watermelon. I think I created 4 monsters. i also think one of my pullets is actually a rooster. This certain pullet is bigger and prettier then the other 3 but I am sure I will find out soon enough. So hello everyone and I am so glad I found this website.

If you put up photos of your "suspected" rooster we may be able to confirm or deny, for you. There is also a thread " what breed or gender is this?" You sound like a wonderful grandma - with some very lucky grandchildren.

images

Hello there and welcome to BYC!

Yes, I think they are going to stalk you for watermelon for the rest of your days!!!

Make yourself at home here on BYC. Enjoy your wonderful flock and welcome to ours!

Back
Top Bottom