6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

So close!
big_smile.png
So close! (I looked at the eggs, Bama, twice) Humidity is a tad high, 78%. But I'd have to take out all the eggs to drain the channels. I should have just used little dishes. Oh well. Note to self for DIY incubator design: make it easy to adjust humidity levels!

edit: made this to keep from hovering around the incubator:
I have a container itty bitty one n the lid opening it n closing it has worked well for ajusting the humdity.....but had plans if needed to have air hose n eye dropper, or if had a long eye dropper could go thru the vent hole and deposit more into the container that way without opening bator

Sooo. I candled some day 10 eggs.. Started with 10, pulled one clear and one blood ring. All others are bouncing like CRAZY!!

:clap

... Got ANOTHER Brahma egg today. :D It was out in the middle of the pen again; I'm dying to know who it is! It's not pullet sized.. And my two hens in there wouldn't lay on the ground.. So I'm assuming it's my gold girl who laid her first few eggs before days got short and is now starting back.

I also have eggs in the bator for the weekend of 1/17.. DIDN'T. TOUCH. THEM.

And finally, I did NOT TOUCH my NY HAL eggs!! :clap :clap :clap

I did add water to the bator. H was at 44% so I went ahead and filled all trays (had 3 of 4 filled before).. Last I looked it was up to 51% so I'll keep an eye through the evening.

I'm so freaking excited!!! I hope this goes well!!

Last edited:
Sooo. I candled some day 10 eggs.. Started with 10, pulled one clear and one blood ring. All others are bouncing like CRAZY!!

clap.gif

... Got ANOTHER Brahma egg today.
big_smile.png
It was out in the middle of the pen again; I'm dying to know who it is! It's not pullet sized.. And my two hens in there wouldn't lay on the ground.. So I'm assuming it's my gold girl who laid her first few eggs before days got short and is now starting back.

clap.gif

I also have eggs in the bator for the weekend of 1/17.. DIDN'T. TOUCH. THEM.

clap.gif

And finally, I did NOT TOUCH my NY HAL eggs!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

I did add water to the bator. H was at 44% so I went ahead and filled all trays (had 3 of 4 filled before).. Last I looked it was up to 51% so I'll keep an eye through the evening.

I'm so freaking excited!!! I hope this goes well!!
do you have a favorite egg lol?

Back
Top Bottom