6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

Was it a TJ chick or a blue? Either way.... YAY!
jumpy.gif
It is a blue Australorp.

I am still waiting for the battery to charge....

There was an internally pipped TJs egg and all 17 looked good! There was another internal pip on the Blue Australorp eggs--I should have more soon. The egg that hatched early may have been under a broody for a day or two.

Ok so I ended up having a 100% hatch on my bantum cochins and they are soooo cute. I am so in love with these little guys. I'm super excited about one because it looks a little lighter than the others, maybe it will be blue or gray.
fl.gif

the bigger one is the only Silver laced wyandotte that hatched.

OMG...they are so cute!!! Thanks for posting the photos!!

woot.gif
5 eggs hatched and 7 or so pips. The one I was so worried about hatched early this morning
wee.gif
Here's a hatching montage of the first chick I had hatch and a few of the chicks that already hatched.

Here is my first BCM to hatch.

I've got another that has piped.
The other one that has piped at the wrong end last night, hasn't progressed much but i can still see movement, so I just let it have more time to do its thing.
Love those eggs! Hope that's a girl for you, unless you are wanting a roo. Beautiful.

Well temp spikes killed my hatch just checked all of them. Also found out my digital started reading wrong as well. No more digital crap for me have 2 oral thermometers I'll use from
now on
So Sorry! I've been fighting temp spikes. I think my digital thermometer works okay, but my incubator is the devil. I've been trying to keep it on the cool side, and warm it up by heating jars of water. I don't trust that thermostat. If I hadn't been hovering, I wouldn't have noticed.

Back
Top Bottom