6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

I picked up some batteries while I was out today and snapped a few pics of my incubator.

The handle is my semi-auto turner. I can turn all the trays at once without opening the incubator. The funnel and tube puts water in my top pan. I still haven't figured out the best placement for other water trays. The egg trays are ugly, and I'm not happy with them. But I plan to make better ones as soon as I can.

Checked the 18 eggs that were questionable at day 7 and culled 15 of them. 7 of them were clears (I'm guessing infertile) and the other 8 were very early quitters. Not too bad considering I've got massive molting going on, I JUST went back to FF a week before starting to gather them, and a bunch of them are young pullet eggs. So I was expecting some pretty heavy cull numbers.

That is a nice incubator!

Good golly what a bator. And nice eggs 2
That is a nice incubator!
Thanks! Now I just hope it works good!
fl.gif
Temps are holding pretty steady, and no more than 2/10s of a degree (F) variation when comparing trays and all the different areas on the trays. The hatching trays at the bottom do run very slightly lower than the rest, but that is how I wanted it to work out, since hatching is better with a slightly lower temp. I'll put the bumpy shelf liner in the hatching drawers before I put the eggs in there. I hope it doesn't disrupt the airflow through there too much.

Count me in!

This time last year i was preparing to hatch with you guys and i hatched out some of my favorite birds! The weather now is reminding me of the hatch, and i cant wait for another!

I finally sold my last few roos from my july hatch, so im able to bring more birds! I think ill hatch a few on both christmas and new years...figured i needed birthday chicks since its so close to new years! Haha

Ron you did an excellent job with the hal last year! Thanks so much for running it again! CANT WAIT!

-ash

I had stopped setting eggs for the cold season but then got the itch to do some more and then remembered this hatch-along I was told about is coming up and dashed over here to check. I am so glad I did! Yay for hatching fun!

WOW just found this years NYDH thread and already 15 pages behind lol I have a lot to catch up on.

Im not sure if I will participate this year or not but I will be joining in on the conversations.

Now to go read up.

Count me in!

This time last year i was preparing to hatch with you guys and i hatched out some of my favorite birds! The weather now is reminding me of the hatch, and i cant wait for another!

I finally sold my last few roos from my july hatch, so im able to bring more birds! I think ill hatch a few on both christmas and new years...figured i needed birthday chicks since its so close to new years! Haha

Ron you did an excellent job with the hal last year! Thanks so much for running it again! CANT WAIT!

-ash

Thanks!

Welcome to the NYD hatch a long.

It is close to my birthday too.

Back
Top Bottom