6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

Set them on the chicken set day for the hatch, 12-11.

some bantams hatch a day early but not all of them and we really love to see the early hatches...well some of us kind of freak out and think all of ours have died....
lau.gif
gig.gif
Oh My I almost choked when I read this lol

What should I hatch? I would love some black copper marans. I going to used my small incubator that only holds 7 eggs. I was also thinking about some small Sermaras .

Set them on the chicken set day for the hatch, 12-11.

some bantams hatch a day early but not all of them and we really love to see the early hatches...well some of us kind of freak out and think all of ours have died....
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif

That'll teach me not to drink and read!!
th.gif
I read that while taking a drink and snorted my tea.
sickbyc.gif

I completely understand both sides about the price on the hatching eggs. I have a price in mind when I start to look for eggs, and if I find them lower than I expect to pay, I'm happy..and if I find them higher, I suck it up and pay the price because they (the breeder) has something I want.

I found Cream Legbar eggs on Craigslist once.."must be set tomorrow" because they were 7 days old and the seller was out of room in the incubator. $10 for the dozen (she gave me 13) and I gave her $20..and I JUST set a batch of Cream Legbar eggs that a friend traveled a state away to bring to me. I paid $8 EACH for the eggs.

One day before I set the incubator, I posted an ad "ISO silkie hatching eggs ready to set immediately!" and a lady an hour away answered..I have a few mixed colors and Frizzles for you if you want them..she drove a half hour to meet me I with her 7 silkie eggs and asked me to pay fifty cents each for them (!!!WHAT!!!) I gave her a dollar each, and told her if she ever needed a 'crazy chicken lady bargain' from me, she was welcome!

It's not all about just the price of the egg, as some others mentioned; It's also about the search, and meeting new people. Sometimes people charge too much for their eggs. If I want their chickens, I'll pay the price but once I have the chickens I don't need that seller any more.

So in summary I bought three batches of eggs. I made a new friend, got the chickens I wanted from the overpriced seller with the help of a friend and made another friend. That's how I see it. (IMO)
I like the way you think!!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom