6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

So far, I've got 7 eggs I simply must hatch. I'm setting them tomorrow evening when I get home from work. Got the incubator humming and waiting. :)

On an semi-unrelated side note, I just remembered my birthday is Jan 3. I was almost a New Year's hatch, too, (nearly) 29 years ago!

MrsB

should I leave my bator going n place the eggs  prewarmed up tomorrow or turn the bator off let it cool n place room temp eggs into cooled bator?

also have fairly four fairly dirty eggs leave it or use damp cloth to wipe off lightly?

and only cuz it's making me batty(over so many differing temp ranges n humidity ranges) just confirm humidty 30ish until 18 day then 50/60's? check air cell size? temp 99.5 to 11 wilh a puter fan moving the air inside the bator?

Cleaning is up to you. It seems the consensus is either commercial egg wash or Dawn blue dish liquid. Gently wipe with a wet paper towel and pat/air dry.

No idea about your incubator question, but I'm excited to know the answer, since I'll be setting tomorrow after my bator has run all day and night!

MrsB

Post office should be so ashamed of themselves, it almost looks like they did it on purpose! 

I know! I've complained about it, but I doubt that will help. When shipping eggs just be sure to pack as well as you possibly can, because you can't rely on the post office to treat a box marked fragile with any care at all.

At least the eggs were okay. So I'm super happy about that!

old.gif
21 days oh waiting n brooding

should I leave my bator going n place the eggs prewarmed up tomorrow or turn the bator off let it cool n place room temp eggs into cooled bator?

also have fairly four fairly dirty eggs leave it or use damp cloth to wipe off lightly?

and only cuz it's making me batty(over so many differing temp ranges n humidity ranges) just confirm humidty 30ish until 18 day then 50/60's? check air cell size? temp 99.5 to 11 wilh a puter fan moving the air inside the bator?

I would leave the bator going.

Good morning all!!

Today's the big day :) Got my incubators up and going just watinging till around noon to get my eggs all set!

Thank you @ronott1 and the gang for once again hosting this great hatchalong I look forward to it every year and actually find it my solstice in the crazy of the holiday rush :)

Good luck to all and can not wait to see how everyone does come New Years!

wee.gif
wee.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom