6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

Still no power and It's 29 outside. I put bags of hot water in the bator and brooder to keep the temps up. It's maintaining 93 so far.
fl.gif
Hoping for a good report!

Ha!! Nevermind! Another pip, and so close to my mark.
clap.gif

Ack!! Another!! Popcorn! LOL
Good job!

Good morning all and happy New year! I'm having so much fun looking at all the new chicks. Congrats everyone!!
I'm sad to report I have no chicks...no noise. I'm pretty sure the two from home where not fertilized...no development and the other 8 must have just traveled too far.
1f622.png

First off CONGRATZ ON ALL THE PIPS ZIPS AND BABIES!!!

Second. I have babies as in 2!! One jubilee and one spangled

And one pip!!! This is torture!!!
Nice pictures!

First baby out!

That is a nice hatch!

Still nothing from my BLRW eggs in the strawberry container. I do know they didn't all look promising at lockdown, but at LEAST one should have made it. I'm dying that I can't see what's going on!!

Anyone hatched Wy's and know if they're usually slower or anything??
Remember, different breeds hatch at different times. I am sure you will have some hatch.

Good morning all and happy New year! I'm having so much fun looking at all the new chicks. Congrats everyone!!
I'm sad to report I have no chicks...no noise. I'm pretty sure the two from home where not fertilized...no development and the other 8 must have just traveled too far.
1f622.png

Now this makes me sad, if we lived closer, I would give you a few of mine. :/

My bator looks like a crime scene! Woke up to 9 hatched (now 10). One has a wry neck and one has a bloody mass, that I assume is the yolk sac that the others have been picking at? There's blood all over the unhatched eggs. Blood all over the bator. Both chicks are in the hatcher in containers. 4 in the brooder, 3 in the bator and the newest in the hatcher so it doesn't get trampled. I see one large pip, but haven't looked closely because I've been a bit busy.
It is amazing what a little bit of blood will do to an incubator.

If the chicks were from your flock, check into some of the flock health tips. If the were shipped, sadly that just happens sometimes. Do you have nutridrench or poly vi sol without iron for the wry neck chick?

Chicks!

Crime scene photo.
ep.gif
Oh My!

Number two and number three on the way out.
#1. Yellowish reddish.
#2. Blue
wee.gif

Ugh! Every time I try to quote and reply the internet crashes on me!

YAY on the power coming back on! You'll have to name them after Frozen characters.

Alicia and domestic(?), I didn't see or HEAR ANYTHING until the first pip! Actually they are still quiet!

Cynthia, yes they are shipped eggs! 6 light Brahma eggs (supposedly from SQ birds), all 6 made it to lock down. I've been worried bc the air cells haven't gotten very big, so I am very relieved!

today at noon will be the end of day 22. I have at least one more egg hatching. Several not pipped yet. Still I really want to open the bater and pull out the 15 or so that I have. I was expecting more but the power went out for too long during the night on day 15.

Get a couple of paper towels and wet them then wad them up. Also get a spray bottle with warm water. Open the incubator, spray a couple of times and then drop the paper towels into the bator. Grab the chicks out in hand fulls and then spray a couple more times and put the top on.

The pipped eggs will be fine and it is a good idea to get that many out.

Back
Top Bottom