6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

Congrats everyone!! I have two of the 93 I set out so far.. Running three bators I guess the bigger ones must have run a little cooler than I though since the two are out of my mini brinsea. I have rockers and rollers so I know they are coming they are just being slow :(

Last edited:
Advice please... I don't know if the 4th is gonna survive. It is still just laying around, often shivering as though it's cold. It has orange goop stuck to its but - looks like yolk - and some white stuff that looks like wet paper - maybe membrane?

I'll try to get a pic.

Thanks

The count is at 6. 3 silkies, 1 araucana and the two fat ones are lavender marans. :D Still waiting on 9 more. I hope they are just being slow pokes! I won't get to see them in person for 5 days. Edit: had the count off by one. There are 4 silkies.
!

Last edited:

It may not be a total loss!!!! I just heard PEEPING!!! Lol. And i swear i saw a couple wobbling lol.
Woohoo!!! It's always nice when they surprise you. Congrats!!!

And now I have 6 with another pip!!! I took the others all out yesterday so this 1 was in there all alone when it hatched so when #7 would peep, #6 would climb over the eggs and get on top of it. Out of fear for the other eggs, in case they were still planning to hatch for me and since I'd read on here and heard elsewhere that when you mess with an egg during lock down, the chick needs to reposition itself to hatch properly, I decided to take #6 out and put her with the others.

She's fairly dry but the others keep picking at her so that, and the encouragement she was probably giving #7 has made me have second thoughts...So, should I put her back in the incubator for a while longer? She's only about an hour or so old.

Finally...

.... .... ...A PEEP!

I heard it while I was sitting in front of the computer just now (my incubator is literally RIGHT next to the monitor).

And another PEEP!

Hopefully, those fuzz-butts are just fashionably late!

Woohoo!!! It's always nice when they surprise you. Congrats!!!

And now I have 6 with another pip!!! I took the others all out yesterday so this 1 was in there all alone when it hatched so when #7 would peep, #6 would climb over the eggs and get on top of it. Out of fear for the other eggs, in case they were still planning to hatch for me and since I'd read on here and heard elsewhere that when you mess with an egg during lock down, the chick needs to reposition itself to hatch properly, I decided to take #6 out and put her with the others.

She's fairly dry but the others keep picking at her so that, and the encouragement she was probably giving #7 has made me have second thoughts...So, should I put her back in the incubator for a while longer? She's only about an hour or so old.
I would have left the hour old chick stay in the incubator until dry

Back
Top Bottom