6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

Is the Easter Hatch along thread up already? I joined the Valentine day thread thinking it would be a while before the Easter thread popped up.
Its not up yet. Easter is on April 5th this year. I think hatch day is usually planned the day before, so the 4th should be hatch day I believe. This means set day is March 14. My guess is the thread will be started about a month early so everyone has time to join and get set up for eggs etc. So my guess is the thread might be up in a few short weeks, maybe mid Feb. This is just a guess lol but hope it helps with a timeframe.

Bummer, I missed the Valentine HAL because I am hatching a batch of Trader Joe eggs
idunno.gif
. Oh well, I should remember the Easter one because set day is my birthday. And such a great way to celebrate!
yippiechickie.gif

Look at all these grown chickies!! Time flies doesn't it.
It's great to see this thread going and people updating with pictures of their little flocks.
I'll try and get on the laptop in the next week and upload a few of my own. Been so very busy lately.

Hey @chickiebaby1 any updated photos on your bantam cochins? I'd love to see how they are developing. My little guy is just over 3 weeks and sprouting feathers everywhere. I'm curious how he is going to look in a few weeks. :)

My older ones are out in the garage brooder now, but I will try to get some pics this afternoon when it warms up a bit. I'll also post my NYD ones too they are still in the bath tub. I did lose one though
sad.png
, not sure what happened, I also lost the only Silver laced wyandott that hatched on New years. So I only have 3 left, but they are so cute.

More Naked Neck and Easter Eggers and maybe some Green Egger Naked Necks. Depends on if I get everything moved around in the next few days.

I also sold off everything that weren't NN or EE or some kind of cross thereof.

So you cross NN with EE? Do you then have NN that lay colored eggs?

Back
Top Bottom