7 week old EE

MrsDudley2002

In the Brooder
May 7, 2024
IMG_6198.jpeg
IMG_6215.jpeg
The only one of my three EE to have wattles already. No other obvious signs, but what do y’all think? Too early to tell?

The black spots on its back is just black paint she rubbed on when painting the coop last weekend. The paint and the wattles are the only reason I can tell it apart from the other two.

Also, purchased from Rural King, several did not make it, but one of these was supposed to be an Amberlink and the other two EE. They are all alike though, so I’m thinking mislabeled?

Non of them are EE. And I'm pretty sure that they are all roos
Why do you say none are EE? I’ve seen plenty of posts on this forum with white EE that look exactly like mine. From what I understand EE come in all different colors…they are a cross of many different breeds and they are “EE” because of the color of eggs they lay? With that said…do you believe they are all cockerels or just the one?

Most feedstores will breed EE to look a certain way, these guys do not fit that description (ie, no beards). White EE's are also not super common unless backyard bred in my experience. The one circled in red does appear to have a more pronounced comb & wattles and may be a cockerel. As far as to what breed they are, I'm not entirely sure of what rural king carries but hopefully they wouldn't be Cornish/Cornish X, hopefully more likely something like a white plymouth rock? The body shape really reminds me of a plymouth for some reason!

I'm doubtful they are EE's as well, I have a solid white EE, just my opinion though, they do seem to be of another breed, and the 1 in question does look like a Cockerel in the making, I'll attach a pic of our White EE for comparison if that helps at all?
Lydia EE.jpg

Most feedstores will breed EE to look a certain way, these guys do not fit that description (ie, no beards). White EE's are also not super common unless backyard bred in my experience. The one circled in red does appear to have a more pronounced comb & wattles and may be a cockerel. As far as to what breed they are, I'm not entirely sure of what rural king carries but hopefully they wouldn't be Cornish/Cornish X, hopefully more likely something like a white plymouth rock? The body shape really reminds me of a plymouth for some reason!
Thank you. After more googling, I think White Rock is most likely what they are. Which is a bummer, BUT these three are the sweetest of my flock. So with the exception of having to rehome the possible roo…I’m happy with them regardless.

A little more research and a link found here all about Amberlinks….I think that’s what they all are. Rural King buys from HH and we did purchase Amberlink…I think the EE bin must have also had Amberlink. Here is a picture of them as chicks.

Attachments

• IMG_5253.jpeg
    IMG_5253.jpeg
    426.4 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom