• Roo

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

kearstin17

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 28, 2012
Grand junction
This little one is 7 weeks old. When (s)he was only 2 weeks it's comb turned red so I thought for sure it had to be a roo. I went to give him to a local chicken farmer that was picking up my RIR roo and the farmer wouldn't take him / her because he said that with SLW it was way to early to tell and that you cannot go off the comb turning red so early. I thought he was crazy but the last 5 weeks the comb hasn't changed at all. It hasn't gotten any redder or bigger. Now I am just confussed. anyone out there know anything about SWL and know if this could in fact be a Pullet or if it is a Roo?

Probably a roo. Red comb at 2 weeks says roo, no development in a while says pullet, along with the way the black coloring is more prominent. Might just be a slow developer or a small-combed guy. I have 7 SLW roos right now who look like your chicken, but then again I might have sexed them wrong! Update us in a few weeks? Would love to see how this turns out.

I am thinking a pullet. Mine by 13 weeks looked like roosters no doubt and were crowing. They were about 13-14 weeks here.

thats all pullet. by now there would be slender pointed hackles and saddles if this was a cockerel along with way more white on the wings as well

Back
Top Bottom