700+ fowl! FOUND ALIVE ON 2.5 ACRES HUNGRY!Update 2 sides !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickfillhay

Crowing
15 Years
Dec 31, 2007
Berlin Nh
Please read post by olddairyfarm ( » Breeders Arrested in LA / Dead chickens in bedroom)In breeders and backyard hatcheries!

barnie.gif
OH MY GOODNESS! I just called the Livingston Humane Society at (225) 413-5902 and they CURRENTLY have @ 700 birds!!!! The donkey and the miniature horse are ok and have been placed. (Able to fend for themselves eating grass and brush!) But the other animals are on a 14 day vet check. And all are very hungry and thin! BUT!!They are in LA. I cannot get outthere to bring them home! They are just too far away. Anybody than is willing to help in anyway? They will be posting the animals on Petfinders shortly. There are just way too many.
rant.gif
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! OVER 700 ANIMALS ON 2.5 LOUSY ACRES!
rant.gif

I read comments in reply to the news story on their website...They are added below!

Last edited:
I hate hearing about things like this. Terrible!
There was a case recently about someone in AZ with over 700 dogs in a double wide mobile home!! Makes me crazy. I don't get it.

What were the owners thinking-- free range is not going to sustain them completely. I can't imagine taking care of 700---without help.no matter the acreage. I hope they are prosecuted to the full extent of the law

this is an outrage...why would anyone keep that many critter if they are not able to care for them... lets pray that the critters will be ok...and that the owners are fined for this . i would take some of them but the shipping is way to much...a friend of mine in L.A. sent me to roo's from the shelter and it was $75.00 + the cost of the bio box.

I feel so bad for the critters...It almost sounds like a hoarder or someone who bit off more than they could chew.

There was a dog breeder around here that just left her animals last month, like 60 some odd in a rental house.

Missy's Puppyland in Stoughton, a stand-alone store specializing in pricey poodle mixes, has been cited by inspectors for a whopping 94 violations since June 2002.
In August, a joint inspection by the BAH and MSPCA found a dozen violations. The inspectors reported ``extremely unsanitary'' conditions and noted that two dogs in isolation didn't have enough head room to sit up.
Some dogs had no access to food and water, according to the report, and one boxer pup in the garage was so sick it had to be taken away for immediate treatment. Store manager Mark Zimmerman denied to inspectors that Missy's was housing more than 50 dogs in an upstairs office and adjacent garage - until their barking revealed the ruse - according to the report.

Here's some info that was just posted on the "Breeders and Backyard Hatcheries" original forum regarding how you can help:

Video of accused:
http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/20597069.html

More video on how you can help:
http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/20617324.html

Accused Couple has now had 5 children taken away
Also includes Adoption contact information:
http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/20618224.html

I've heard that they must hold the animals for 14 days before releasing, and they can't release them until they've been seen by a vet. Only problem is, this is a purely volunteer organization (not a city funded one) and they need donations to even hire a vet. No adoptions until $$$, so I guess this really qualifies for the emergency forum now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom