Ended 7th Annual New Years Day Hatch-a-long contest number 6 Gingerbread Contest

That is so amazing! I love love love the nest box! How did you make the run? Sure looks more substantial than an onion bag. <sigh> And you little chickens are so doggone cute! Great job!

Thanks the fence is a metal sheet I took off The windows of an old Chicken coop
I bleached it and ran it through the dishwasher.

I like the onion bag better you can see whats going on inside the fence on yours.

OK here it is.

The Chickens are made of Gingerbread and covered in dyed coconut.
The deep litter in the coop is colored coconut
The sand and mud in the run is coco pebbles and Oatmeal.
The food bowls are Peanut-butter cups with Icing and sunflower seeds.
The wreath is a frosted cookie with red hots.
Stepping stones are York Peppermint Patties
The roost in the coop with the White Silkie is a sugar wafer and the one in the run is a white kitkat.
The Bench Coop and chickens are all Gingerbread.
For the roof I used Cinnamon toast crunch (which is really good with the Gingerbread and Icing!)
For Eggs I used Peanuts
all is edible except the fence lights and Christmas Princess.
There are M&M all over and a painted door on the back of the coop.
At the end we made it snow! with powdered sugar. You can kind of see it coming down in the pic (That is why I cant get The angles I want now)

old.gif
Beware!
I do not like brick cookies soooo.....
I under baked the gingerbread and did not get it laid completely straight on the cookie sheet made for lots of trouble and Breakage of pieces so the Coop is now a lean too about half the size I planned
hmm.png

Thanks for suggesting this.
I had a blast and think I must try another!
or 2 or 3
clap.gif
Great Job!

Wow, these get better and better!

@tjo804 sounds like you've been bitten by the gingerbread bug, lol. I'm already sketching out my next one...looking forward to doing this again!

Back
Top Bottom