Ended 7th Annual New Years Day Hatch-a-long contest number 6 Gingerbread Contest

Can we have a moment of silence for my gingerbread coop please? ***************************************************************** Thank you. He met his unfortunate demise this afternoon at the family pie exchange and it was something to see. First he got too close the edge of the table while I was making room for all the pie plates, forks, and accoutrement's. Then, Katie reached over him for the whipped cream and bumped him a little closer to the edge. And then, then....oh, it's so unbearable....I tried to rescue him before he fell off the table and I knocked him the rest of the way off. There was a collective intake of breath from all seated, and we watched in slow motion as he headed for the floor. His was not a graceful death. He hit the floor and more or less exploded as he bounced once, twice, then settled into a funny looking upside position partway under the table.

Poor Katiebug - she looked up at me in horror, and tears filled her big blue eyes. "Oh, Gramma....I'm so sorry. I didn't mean..." and then her heartbreaking sobs started. It took her a few minutes to realize that all of us at the table had tears in our eyes, too. Couldn't help it - we were all laughing so hard we were crying right along with her. Oh, it was a glorious end. Gumdrops and M&Ms rolling across the floor, shattered icing bits flying everywhere, coconut flakes dropping down into the heat register, and graham cracker crumbs filling the air - it was hilarious! But the funniest part of all was the stupid toy chicken, stuck beak first into the sticky gumdrop window pane! Katie was mortified, but then a little smile cracked through the tears, and it grew and grew until she was laughing with the rest of us. Oh, did she get a giant Gramma hug! Then I yelled at everyone in the room, "Don't TOUCH it!!" and I ran for my camera. Naturally it was still in the case, buried under everyone's coats on the bed. I unburied it, got it outof the case and turned it on as I ran back to the kitchen so it would be ready, only to see my helpful hubby with the trash can next to the table, the big pieces already disposed of, and a broom and dustpan in his hands! "Doggone it, Ken - put that broom back!" His reply, "Why? Are you going somewhere?"

Can we have a moment of silence for my husband, please? ******************************************** Thank you. He met his unfortunate demise .............................

Got no candles, but a pic of bubble light on my tree…..To Honor Blooie's Chicken Coop Gingerbread House - such a short life it had
hit.gif

But it was a Great GB Coop !!!

Can we have a moment of silence for my gingerbread coop please? ***************************************************************** Thank you. He met his unfortunate demise this afternoon at the family pie exchange and it was something to see. First he got too close the edge of the table while I was making room for all the pie plates, forks, and accoutrement's. Then, Katie reached over him for the whipped cream and bumped him a little closer to the edge. And then, then....oh, it's so unbearable....I tried to rescue him before he fell off the table and I knocked him the rest of the way off. There was a collective intake of breath from all seated, and we watched in slow motion as he headed for the floor. His was not a graceful death. He hit the floor and more or less exploded as he bounced once, twice, then settled into a funny looking upside position partway under the table.

Poor Katiebug - she looked up at me in horror, and tears filled her big blue eyes. "Oh, Gramma....I'm so sorry. I didn't mean..." and then her heartbreaking sobs started. It took her a few minutes to realize that all of us at the table had tears in our eyes, too. Couldn't help it - we were all laughing so hard we were crying right along with her. Oh, it was a glorious end. Gumdrops and M&Ms rolling across the floor, shattered icing bits flying everywhere, coconut flakes dropping down into the heat register, and graham cracker crumbs filling the air - it was hilarious! But the funniest part of all was the stupid toy chicken, stuck beak first into the sticky gumdrop window pane! Katie was mortified, but then a little smile cracked through the tears, and it grew and grew until she was laughing with the rest of us. Oh, did she get a giant Gramma hug! Then I yelled at everyone in the room, "Don't TOUCH it!!" and I ran for my camera. Naturally it was still in the case, buried under everyone's coats on the bed. I unburied it, got it outof the case and turned it on as I ran back to the kitchen so it would be ready, only to see my helpful hubby with the trash can next to the table, the big pieces already disposed of, and a broom and dustpan in his hands! "Doggone it, Ken - put that broom back!" His reply, "Why? Are you going somewhere?"

Can we have a moment of silence for my husband, please? ******************************************** Thank you. He met his unfortunate demise .............................

Quote: ***************************************************************************************************** Gingerbread
****************************************************************************************************************************** Dear Ken

My-Lanta Blooie!
What a story I almost wet myself
You should Publish Short stories

Mercy!!
Would have loved to see that in person, tee hee
hide.gif

Great ending for a great gingerbread coop! Nothing like going out with a bang, lol. Thanks @Blooie !

Inspiration, 2 really big GB Houses this year. There's still time for more entries
yippiechickie.gif

Ritz Carlton Arizona - a Dine In GB House - 19 feet tall!

This one in Buffalo NY is 24 feet tall!

But I need the adrenaline of the last day...
No, really I plan on getting the box structure started today.
I have to decide if I want accuracy or whimsy.
I want my son to help, so if I go for accuracy...we won't make the dead line.

Back
Top Bottom