Ended 7th Annual New Years Day Hatch-a-long contest number 6 Gingerbread Contest

Okie Dokie,
Here's my little effort. It was fun! A big applause to my Hubby, he helped with the whole thing and even took the photo!
Presenting the "Blue Hen Hut"

Consists of graham crackers and powdered sugar "glue" (all edible), 1 tiny blue glass nesting hen, 1 real barred rock egg (layed today & delicious) and pine needles (not really edible)
big_smile.png

Yay, you did one! That's cute, good job!

Okie Dokie,
Here's my little effort. It was fun! A big applause to my Hubby, he helped with the whole thing and even took the photo!
Presenting the "Blue Hen Hut"

Consists of graham crackers and powdered sugar "glue" (all edible), 1 tiny blue glass nesting hen, 1 real barred rock egg (layed today & delicious) and pine needles (not really edible)
big_smile.png
Very nice, Great idea to include the real egg.

The box the graham crackers are iced to is cardboard and inedible, and the tooth pick piece that holds the chicken's heads to their bodies in inedible, otherwise it is all a go.
I had too much trouble with the netting so I made them all free range hens.

(My husband is the only predator they need to worry about anyway.
You'd think a man who won't eat jello would have gum drop issues, but that just isn't the case.)

I had 25 chickens to start my adventure with so we made 25 hens and one rooster, because we did add Reynard later.
This is not my coop it is a whimsy coop.
If we do this again next year, I will try for the hen's real homestead.

Okay... If I can figure this out... and please ignore the background...

Edit to add: The chicken droppings are snowcaps. There was no cross contamination.

Holy Cow Adorable!!

If they do it again next year we can chat it up to the newbies.. advertise in other threads....
This was fun and so creative, and we all had a good time.
The camaraderie was great,

Back
Top Bottom