8+ Paint Silkie eggs - Catdance Silkies

kelar

Songster
9 Years
May 22, 2010
yacolt
I'm waiting for my first hatch from this pen (momentarily!) so in the meantime, will offer the extras to my fellow BYC members. I will send at least 8 eggs plus any extras that are laid prior to shipping on Monday, September 19th. Because breeders are reporting better skin melanization and less pigment holes when crossed with recessive white, I've put this cockerel with some of my nicest white pullets, including the reserve champion pullet at this year's western nationals. The cockerel was purchased from Deb Steinberg at Fawke's Feathers and I think he is just gorgeous. He has very dark skin and comb, dark eyes and beautiful paint splashes all over. More pics of the cockerel are posted below. Please be aware that not much is known about the genetics of paints - some chicks should be paint and some will probably be white or another color. I believe that statistically, 25% of the chicks should be paint, but I certainly can't guarantee any color outcome at this point. It is unknown if solid colored chicks from paint breedings carry a gene for paint.

My flock is NPIP certified and AI tested clean. I pack my eggs with great care in order to get them to you in the best possible condition, but unfortunately, cannot guarantee your hatching success. There are just too many things that are out of my control once I hand them over to USPS. However, check my feedback - my customers have had great success with their eggs and the resulting offspring.

Payment via paypal is due at auction's end to [email protected]. PLEASE be sure to pm me with your shipping address (it does not always show up with the paypal notice) and a phone no. if you want it on the box for pickup at the post office when your box arrives.

You can see more of my silkies on my website at http://www.catdancesilkies.com. I rarely get a chance to get it updated so please contact me if you are looking for something specific.

Oh--he is a gorgeous boy isn't he??
smile.png
See you in October at Stevenson I hope?

Planning on it if I can find some birds that do not look moth eaten! Seems like everyone is molting at the moment:( First chicks are hatching - getting all colors, blue, black, partridge and even a buff AND at least 5 (so far) gorgeous spotted paints:)

Back
Top Bottom