8 Week Olds--Need Sexing Help!

inthesticks1847

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 27, 2014
I have three 8 week old chicks, 2 (Blue Gene EE and White EE) which were hatched by a broody hen, and 1 (barred rock) which was bought at 1 week old. See below.
The first one is Pokey. He was clearly a roo by about 5 weeks old when we noticed the red feathering coming in on his shoulders. I'm including his pictures for comparison.

The next bird is the barred rock, Kapi (as in Okapi Zebra). She was a guaranteed pullet from the hatchery. However, those tail feathers coming in this week have me second guessing if she is really a he. Thoughts?

Lastly is my White EE, Skippy. We have had no doubts about her being a she, until this week. Suddenly, her tail feathers have taken on a very pointy and curled shape. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she is still a she! There isn't much comb development yet, in comparison to her half sibling (same dad), Pokey. What do you guys think? Did I really end up with three Roos!? Say it ain't so!

These tail feathers just look off. I'm still not so sure Skippy is a she. I'll try to get better pictures and post. :/

Back
Top Bottom