9 week old Silkie rooster to swap in MA

I have a 9 week old white Silkie rooster that I would like to swap for a Silkie hen. I live in Dighton MA. (Southeastern Massachusetts) he started cock-a-doodle-dooing this morning. Wasn’t sure of the sex till this am. My 5 year old daughter originally named it Aurora but now he’s Olaf (we already have a California white named Elsa) lol. I can provide a picture if needed. Didn’t think to do it this am before I left for work. Hope there is a good home for him close by. Thanks!

Jay
Hi there, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

I don't know of a single person who will swap a hen for a cockerel. Maybe you will get lucky though! :confused:

Best to try and find a free home for him as soon as possible if you aren't able to keep him. We eat our extras here, Silkies included. Craigslist farm and garden section is a good place to post for free. Good luck! :fl

I don't know of a single person who will swap a hen for a cockerel. Maybe you will get lucky though! :confused:

Best to try and find a free home for him as soon as possible if you aren't able to keep him. We eat our extras here, Silkies included. Craigslist farm and garden section is a good place to post for free. Good luck! :fl
Well I’d pay money as well. I have a cockerel, want a hen. I looked for listings for rooster / hen swaps before I posted. There was a few. We’ll see.

Last edited:

Edited the op. Thanks

Well I’d pay money as well. I have a cockerel, want a hen. I looked for listings for rooster / hen swaps before I posted. There was a few. We’ll see.
Were ANY of them swapping a hen out for a rooster or were they all trying to trade roosters for a hen?

I see asks for swaps all the time, just never someone wanting to get rid of a hen or at least not in return for boys, even when they are free... which I do see fairly often.

I'm sure it DOES exist at times... since differences are kinda what makes the world go around and exciting. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom