92caddy's new swans(pics)

farmertank

Songster
12 Years
Apr 28, 2007
Linden TN
I am posting 5 pics of Ed's swans for him. He will be along to post about the pics later.

I think they are so beautiful. I'm defiantly getting some now. lol

swan1.jpg

swan2.jpg

swan3.jpg

swan4.jpg

swan5.jpg

Julie

Last edited:
Thanks to Farmertank for uploading these pics for me.

The 1st 2 pics are the geese meeting the swans, that didnt go over too well, the geese were not too happy to meet them.

The 1st pic, the baby is the one on the right and momma is on the left. Im trying to find out how old baby is. It takes swans about 1 year to turn all white and it takes them 3 years to reach sexual maturity. So I know momma is at least 3 years old to have a baby, and Im thinking baby is close to a year old or older cause it has its adult colors. Now I need to find out if baby is a boy or girl.

The other 3 pics are before the swans kept wanting to leave. They kept wondering off and I had to keep bringing them back. Then they decided to take flight and I thought I was going to die while watching them fly away, Thankfully they didnt go too far, baby stopped in the middle of the road, then I was afraid they would get hit. It took some time to get em back in the barn, but I got em back in and they are doing just fine now. I had more trouble with baby then I did with mom, baby would always go the other way or wouldnt go at all.

They are pretty tame, when they are in the barn, I can walk up to them and talk to them and pet em, but when they are outside, they wont let me get too close.

Now I need to come up with names. Thanks so much Farmertank........................

They are so beautiful! I would have been so scared when they started flying also, heart would have exploded most likely. Good luck with your swans they are truely gorgeous.

Penny

ep.gif
they flew from u LOL i wish i coulda seen the look on ur face LOL
gig.gif
maybe u can clip their wing to top em from flyin away maybe....?

They are indeed beautifull birds Ed. How do they taste ? KIDDING !!!!
Is that the moma and baby you got at the swap ?
Will you not have to git moma a mate before long ? I would think that would prevent her from not bein lonely and also prevent her from flyin off to find a mate ?

I wouldnt have been able to get them without Jill, I think her handle is jordy44, dont hold me to that. She said something about them in a post on the other BYC while we were talking about who all was going to the Portland exotic sale, I thought to myself, well what are the chances of getting them. So I emailed her and she said that she was going to go and try to catch them. I thought to myself, well have fun and good luck, I guess I wont be getting any swans then. So then later on I got an email saying she caught em, well talk about being happy, I was all THRILLED. So she and I made plans as to where and when to meet. Of course at these sales things dont always goes as planned, but we met up and I got them from her. She could have sold them before I even got em, and then when we were putting them in my truck, a guy wanted to know how much they were. I thought about just letting them in the back of the truck, but thought I better just take em home, I only live 6 miles from the sale barn and I was afraid that maybe someone would take em if I left them in the truck, so Alexis and her family were there also, so she rode home with me and helped me get them out of the truck and into the barn. I have been thrilled and so nervious ever since I got em.

I have had no problems with momma what so ever, its the baby thats been a real pain and momma follows him. You would think that baby would follow her lead, but oh no, he/it has his own thoughts and ideas.

Im thinking about clipping thier wings. I really hate too, but I may have to so they cant fly away.

You should hear the sounds and noises that they make, some really neat ones, some really strange ones, very different ones to say the least, its going to a while to get used to their sounds..................

Back
Top Bottom