A bird haunting...not for faint of heart..

Quote: But, but . . . any further delay might further enrage him.
hide.gif

I need a visitation. English house sparrows - an angry mob of them - have taken over my feeder at the beagle club. They empty the feeder in 3 or 4 hours and scatter seed all over the ground. Now I have lots of ground feeders there who clean it up, but they are keeping the more mild mannered birds from eating. The nuthatches seem to hold their own, but the chickadees stand by and watch the melee. Do you think the 'haunt' might be of assistance?

I am thinking the songbirds have decided to make a shambles of our civilization!

We were told beetles would rule the world if or after mankind is gone. I think the "experts" were wrong again.

Songbirds will rule. They have even gotten together and decided to speed up the demise of our species.

They hang in the trees glaring at me when I arrive in the morning. I fill the feeder and they swarm it like vultures on a kill. All last winter one pair was feeding at the feeder. How can they have multiplied to 1,000? Ok, that's slight hyperbole, but there is one heck of a bunch of them. When the feeder is empty, they locate me in the field - following and chirping threateningly. I am starting to become fearful for my safety.

They hang in the trees glaring at me when I arrive in the morning. I fill the feeder and they swarm it like vultures on a kill. All last winter one pair was feeding at the feeder. How can they have multiplied to 1,000? Ok, that's slight hyperbole, but there is one heck of a bunch of them. When the feeder is empty, they locate me in the field - following and chirping threateningly. I am starting to become fearful for my safety.

As you well should!

I would suggest a Kelvar beekeepers suit it would help.

Kevlar.... Omg... Brutal chickadees and " nut hatches" you don't want to know how the latter got their names!!!

I have no idea how they got their names, BUT the way you said made me cross my legs and cover myself with my arms in a defensive posture.

Last edited:
The power of the chickadee! A Cooper's hawk discovered that English house sparrows are tasty little tidbits and has decimated the flock at the beagle club feeder. She is not scared of me and sits about 40 ft up in the ash tree waiting for dinner to arrive. The chickadees flit back and forth to the feeder paying no regard whatsoever to the hawk. I just noticed this today. Scary indeed.

Back
Top Bottom