A bit anxious, hatching call duck eggs, day 28

Feltonistas

Chirping
Apr 28, 2020
Hello, I’m a bit anxious so I decided to make this thread. I’m on day 28 with 6 call duck eggs, all moving and alive at the moment. A couple of days ago I thought a saw two internal pipping, so, reading a few threads and articles, I decided to wait 24 hours before making a safety hole. Then I waited 24 more hours and nothing was progressing, so I decided to open up the air cell a bit more and I noticed that there was not an internal pipping and I was seeing the shadow of the duckling pushing up against the membrane. I quickly put some Vaseline on the exposed membrane and put it back. Now I’m panicking because maybe I was a bit too rushed and opened the air cell too quickly. The duckling was moving a lot and I heard some peeping, I hope I didn’t ruin anything. Thank you for your feedback

Has anything changed? Putting a safety hole in an egg without an internal pip is not good. You will now have to make a small tear in the membrane where the bill is and dab any blood with a dry paper towel. I don't think it will be able to pip on its own now that you've moistened the membrane.

IMG_0358.png

They are taking a bit longer than expected, because my incubator has ran a bit high during incubation, around 100.4, so I thought they would start hatching sooner, but that’s ok. Now I’m not doing anything, I’m not touching or anything. This picture is of this morning (I live in Italy, it’s night now) now the veins are much smaller, I must say. Incubator is on the cheaper side bought on Amazon
IMG_0359.png

Back
Top Bottom