A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Looks like a GREAT thread!! I'm interested in recipes that you've used turkey eggs in. I'm overrun in turkey eggs at the moment (Midget whites). Thank you!

Do you have fertile Midget White eggs? I'd be happy to buy some! I've wanted to try raising them for some time.

I like them for pasta making, they make a high quality linguine. I only cook with turkey eggs after June.

Last edited:
MM..

BAD News..

I just candled a my eggs. I could not see a sign of life in any one of my turkey eggs....

I am hoping it is just too early to see anything....

Major depression could set in over this!

I marked the air sacs so I can see in a week if anything is happening...

My creamette eggs are al hatching as of today.
Just jumping in to this thread. Whats a creamette egg? I have seen you use it a few times but haven't been sure so I thought I would ask.

The eggs I send to MM should do fine then, they only went 800-900 miles according to MapQuest. It was a 13 hours and 33 minutes to drive there, I think,.

I know I thought about making her drive it to get the eggs, it was so close.

I just heard on the news it is " national Beer day".........
DH was very excited to call and tell me he also heard on the radio it is National Beer Day! I will be enjoying some delicious Corona tonight, hold the lime.

if I might ask, how much do you sell them for?  I did poorly on craiglsit, but maybe I asked too much.

I sell my heritage for $6/lb, broad breasted for $3.75/lb.

My heritage always go live & usually as hatchlings. I get $15 each at hatch. Prices go up weekly as poults. Once they get bigger I sell by size, gender, age & breeder status. Proven breeders go higher.

I raise turkeys also, Bourbon Reds. I have 1 Tom and 6 hens. I have had them for about 3 years but unfortunately I will be getting out of heritage turkeys and will likely just raise a few BBWs every year they cost so much to over winter and the Tom is just too rough on the hens or the hens are young and don't know to spread their wings to cover their back up during mating
idunno.gif

But I will follow along on this thread since I am currently a turkey owner and then later I will be an occasional turkey owner lol.

Back
Top Bottom