A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

No, it is not that. JJ has not been close enough to that hen They were separated in late Feb.  The only male that has been close to the blue hen is the lavender/self blue tom.

I think it is a mule, the cross between a guinea and a chicken.  My wife said it  is small in size and there was a hatched guinea egg but no baby guinea.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/834929/very-unusual-chick-guinea-chicken-hybrid/280#post_15347168

If by some miracle it was JJ's like a real long lived sperm, it is still a permanent resident.  My wife named him and that means he is staying. But whatever he is he looks cool. 

It is kind of fun not knowing for sure what I am getting. LOL

He has a funny posture I think too, BUT I have only seen the picture and not him... DW named him penguin and I think that means the posture must be weird for a pout.

Tell her to look for a snood (the bump on the head of a turkey). Snood=turkey

Quote:
Pearl Gray guinea keet
LL

Black Slate turkey poult
LL

It appears to be a black slate. Just look at its feet and the feet of your pearl gray guinea keet and you can see the difference between a guinea keet's feet and a turkey' poult's feet.

Last edited:
Got my palm trio this morning.

They said both hens are laying.

One everyday. The other every other day.

The bigger of the 2 hens they said keeps wanting to go broody at the drop of a hat. So we will see how that goes.

Not sure if I want to try a broody again just yet.

The tom is a good looking bird. I think he's is about 2 due his spur and beard size. But he suits me just fine.

So if I get some eggs maybe ill have better luck on a hatch than my first round and have some palm poults running around.

Back
Top Bottom