A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Porter has a facebook page you could post a photo there and ask his thoughts, think its called turkey genetics. He is a member here too I believe. I have a few different breeds I would love to do but alas I dont have the ability to separate and I don't want to mix genetics. Would love to do a few black winged bronze!

Porter is a great site for information! Most of us are addicted to the turkey calculator! You know, another site I like is Feathersite.

Beautiful Sweetgrass!

I can't remember if I ever got around to posting pics of Griffin on this thread. If not, here they are! If so, ah well, you don't mind seeing him again
wink.png

A very handsome lad, I think he should move to Minnesota
love.gif

Oh I love all the pictures :love Now I have too many to choose from - sweetgrass. mottled black and dappled silver.....mmmmm. I wish I had room for one of everything lol. Need to build more accommodations first, before the "math" takes over! Have lots of outside space, but definitely need more runs and coops before I start adding (or I could just finish cleaning out the barn and convert the other half to roosting space). I still think a slate hen is the next addition here and I'm hopeful that I'll find a mature one so that I don't risk getting any more toms :)

Ralph - it never fails to amaze me the colors that Ethel and JJ produce! It's hard to rehome the rest of the boys, but I can relate to the "too many toms" thing. I'll probably have to figure out how to trim down my number of toms too.

Aurora - Yay!! Two laying turkeys! Apparently one starts and the rest will follow :lol:

Porter has a facebook page you could post a photo there and ask his thoughts, think its called turkey genetics. He is a member here too I believe. I have a few different breeds I would love to do but alas I dont have the ability to separate and I don't want to mix genetics. Would love to do a few black winged bronze!

He is the one that told me about the condition. I belong to his genetics FB page, As much as I hate FB, I like his group. I learn a lot there.

He is really helpful with Turkey Genetics. He also seems to understand what can be combined to make "designer turkeys".

Where is your sense of adventure Fiesty! :lau

Get a dog crate. Fill with bedding. Buy a turkey harness. Drive two days. Load darling turkey girl. Put towel over crate so it's dark & she'll sleep. When making stops, make sure she doesn't get away while putting her harness on. Be prepared to be stared at while walking your turkey by all those walking their dogs. Maybe Ralphie will harness break one for you! :lol:

Where is your sense of adventure Fiesty!
lau.gif

Get a dog crate. Fill with bedding. Buy a turkey harness. Drive two days. Load darling turkey girl. Put towel over crate so it's dark & she'll sleep. When making stops, make sure she doesn't get away while putting her harness on. Be prepared to be stared at while walking your turkey by all those walking their dogs. Maybe Ralphie will harness break one for you!
lol.png

Where can I find a turkey harness?

I would assume harness broke turkeys are more expensive like harness broken horses.

Adam had a roughly 2 day journey to get to me and he food fine :)

I just requested to join Porter's turkey genetics Facebook page. I'm going to post pictures of Pebbles and Sweet Pea and make sure that they're really bronze and red bronze. If they're different than I think, I'll need to run the calculator again lol.

It turns out that I've ordered too many eggs for my incubator to hold so I'm going to have to fire up my hatcher early and transfer some eggs to it a bit early. Especially since I'm going to be hatching all my turkey eggs lol. I have 4 turkey eggs gathered so far but I'm waiting until next weekend to set them (next Sunday I think)

Back
Top Bottom