A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I don't know what to do about Pebbles. She wasting away to nothing. She got over her broodiness for about a week and is now sitting again :/ this girl is going to starve herself to death. Any advice?

Do you have any about to hatch eggs you can slip under her.

Maybe if some eggs hatch and she has some chicks would break her broodiness

Sounds like a great strategy! You can also try the comparison at butcher time - the BB will be much bigger than the heritage, which should allow you to convince him that they need longer to grow out. When they get older, you can always say that they are too old to butcher - they'll be tough eating.....that's my plan
smile.png
That's a great idea!

I have one pip so far.

Broomrider: it was a nice and windy day in west central Mo. As well. Didn't get to enjoy it as was at work all day. Will be interesting to see if your husband likes the heritage turkeys.

Feisty: your girls looked like they enjoyed their dust bath.

I just had that issue with a duck with a chicken issue. Please tell me if you have a solution to these issue . Duck picking on egg or chick duck ect. We just put boric acid on neighbors side of wall. Cinnomon was recommended and ditmacious earth.

I just wanted to jump in and mention that I am hatching my first turkey eggs. I have one that's been incubating for about 10 days now, and I just set 8 more in my Incuview:

I'll be filling in the rest of the space with chicken eggs in a few days. Should I time them to hatch all at once, or the chickens to hatch before the turkeys?

Set your turkey eggs.

Then 7 days later set your chicken eggs.

All should hatch at same time.

And your chick will help train the poults to eat and drink.

Congrats

I just had that with my duck. I had to take them away from her and put in the incubate she was back to herself in a number of hrs.i put eggs in incubator . How long has she layed on them and been broody. To long can't be good for them. I think with us she began to eat some of chicken eggs.

Back
Top Bottom