A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I may be why the guy was hanging onto the tree. The pictures are priceless.

Your SS love ya Ralph!

Back outside before the heat kills me! Coffee hit the spot this morning!

And ,,,,

to prove how done with hatching I am for this year when I went out to check birds and take those pictures I released my last turkey hen from her breeding pen. I am done collecting eggs from the turkeys. I will survive on whatever I get now.

I let the Black australorps go free too. The only thing left is the guineas, they will be out soon.

Ralph...bet you got some happy, happy birds!

Bantambird...too cute.

Finnie...I see a Butterball in your future. Or at best a meager meal for one....

Well I still haven't been able to break her I get her off the nest and lock her out of the one so she can free range to get away from the nest but she just circles and circles the pen for a shoe but then my dad goes and let's her in, but she is out and off the nest for a few hours at times I get her out. But as soon as I walk away and I let the pen door open to let he chickens in she goes right on into her nest so I have to get her put again. But I don't have any putts to give her or chicks right now I might have so,e chicks soon but idk yet. So if anyone has anymore ideas please feel free to thow them out I reall would like to get her broke so she can be back up and laying again.

anyone know any ways to break a turkey hen from brooding cause if she doesn't come off soon I might just give her some chicken eggs. she has been setting now for about 1 month and 16 days or more

I solved a mystery today! I've been trying to figure out why my only blue eggs seem to get broken regularly. I happened to walk into the coop today and these two looked like they were up to something, so I hung out and puttered for awhile to see what they were up to.

Apparently my EE hen likes to crawl under Big Bird to lay her egg - and Big Bird just lets her crawl under there to do her thing :rolleyes:

The two of them do a little shuffle after the egg gets laid - and I suspect that's when it usually gets broken. I managed to save today's egg, and got some indignant peeps from Big Bird when I took it.

I wish I'd gotten a picture of my EE coming out from under Big Bird - they looked so silly with her head sticking out from under turkey breast feathers :gig

Why on earth would she be laying her egg there - is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom