A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I bought a pair of narragansetts and 3 hens 1 tom royal palms from a breeder. They are 10 montbs old. They arent laying very good now but they layed pretty good until it got hot.

Culling is very necessary in a breeding pen. I cull hard and I feel kinda bad but it helps. I culled every splayed leg, crooked toed ect. chick I got and that seemed like it was every other chick! Now this year I didnt have a single splayed leg or crooked toe. BUT I did still cull chicks for terrible weakness. There will be lots of culling in your first few years but eventually it all pays off...

This probably wasn't necessary....

I cull heavily also Holm,how have you been?
Lights just went out here,it's FLOODING AGAIN. got the generator going,two incubators full of eggs with a little over a week till hatch.IT NEVER FAILS
I'm doing great! Been busy busy busy. Getting the coop cleaned up for inspections and then getting the birds ready for their physicals. Ralph is testing my birds this weekend and I am super excited and nervous. All my birds are healthy so I shouldnt worry but I do.

I'm doing great! Been busy busy busy. Getting the coop cleaned up for inspections and then getting the birds ready for their physicals. Ralph is testing my birds this weekend and I am super excited and nervous. All my birds are healthy so I shouldnt worry but I do.

If they fail the test Mr T would be a lot cheaper for me!!!

lau.gif

Culling is very necessary in a breeding pen. I cull hard and I feel kinda bad but it helps. I culled every splayed leg, crooked toed ect. chick I got and that seemed like it was every other chick! Now this year I didnt have a single splayed leg or crooked toe. BUT I did still cull chicks for terrible weakness. There will be lots of culling in your first few years but eventually it all pays off...

This probably wasn't necessary....

yes that's the only down side of breeding, but I want to breed anyways so I guess I will have to learn I just had to put down one of the chickens a few weeks ago due to water in the lungs.

Back
Top Bottom