A couple Polish Chicken questions

SkyStorm

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 17, 2010
I am thinking about getting a polish chicken for show in a few months once my coop is done and I am all settled with my chickens. I have a couple of questions about the breed though.

-Could they live in my coop with my 10 other chickens (the coop is going to be huge) or do they need there seperate coop because they won't be just pets?
-How much do quality Polish cost?
-Do I need to take any measures to maintaining there afro(head feathers) or anything like that?

You don't have to separate Polish from the rest of yout chickens.
However it is better that you do so, to avaid feather picking.

Polish don't do well with an open waterer, their crest feathers get wet and dirty.
You can use a gallon waterer, you buy at a local feed store for like $6. It helps keep their crest stay cleaner.

Polish like all fowl are succeptable to mites, So you have too keep an eye out. If you care for your chickens properly then mites shouldn't be a problem.
Most polish breeders use frontline (Dogs& cat) Flea removal to keep them mite free. this works for months at a time.

Quality polish range in prices SQ polssh are expensive because they are closest to the standards. & are capable of winning.
To get started do not get anything less than a breeder quality, they are still capable of producing Show Quality chicks.

Or get hatching eggs, You have just as great of a chance of hatching SQ chicken as the breeder that sold them to you.
You will find that most breeders won't sell hatching eggs because of this.

I have some bantam polish eggs listed on the hatching egg section, They are out of some of the best line available!

I also have some pullets and hens for sale most have been shown. Email me for prices for BREEDING AGE WHITE CREST BLACK & BEARDED WHITE POLISH BANTAMS.
SOME OF THE WHITES WE CARRY HAVE THE SILVER WHITE GENE SO THEY SHOULD'T TARNISH OR GET SUN STAINED ON YOU. IF YOUR INTERESTED.
wink.png

12005_josh_452.jpg

12005_white_crest_blue_cockerel.jpg

12005_glp_cock.jpg

josh, thanks for all the information. If you still have any polish for sale in a couple of months I will definatly contact you! Those are some really beutiful birds you have there!

Back
Top Bottom