The "names" you were given for their breeds are a mix of words from birds sold at hatcheries. My guess is they are mixes of the birds the seller got from a hatchery (or feed store) you might be able to decipher a bit about the mixes based on what the seller called them.
The seller said they bought too many, and it's likely from a feed store. I'm excited to see how they turn out!

I bought three pullets from a local--a classic Craigslist deal that listed them as pullet hens. The seller said they're two blue sapphire Plymouth rocks and one silver laced sussex. They're around 6 weeks old. When comparing them to photos online, I'm not so sure. What do y'all think? One of the plymouths is a bit bigger with more developed wattle. I'm hoping they're actually pullets and not cockerels--I will have to rehome them if they're males. But in the meantime, I'm enjoying them!

Thanks in advance!
1685420765876.png
1685420791962.png

UPDATE: At about ~13 weeks old, these birds look the same but bigger. lol. Their peep peep peeps are steadily becoming clucks and their personalities are shining through.

Back
Top Bottom