A double yoker coturnix egg!!

cawooduck

Songster
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
Livermore, CA
Well, took the first two eggs i got from my flock of coturnix quail and i just had to taste test them!! I fired up the pan, and cracked the smaller egg, wow, tiny little "sunny side up"!! I then cracked the second egg and two yolks appeared!! Needless to say, a couple chomps and they disappeared!! I have to say, their is a big difference in taste from a chicken egg, its almost a bit sweeter.

I finished sexing the quail today using the "foam" method desicribed and i chose the best looking, biggest roosters for the pens. I have a 1-4 rooster average going with 15 quail per cage.

One cage i have all browns and goldens, and the other cage has A & M's, tux's and tibetans with a smattering of browns and goldens.

In about a month i will incubate another batch and see what happens!!

On another note, i picked up 12 guinea keats this evening, man they are kinda cute!! They definitley look prehistoric, like a dodo bird!! Not a bad price either, 3 week old keats for $3 a piece. The lady was really nice as well, and very informative..........Jason

you'll have to post a pic of the new additions!! and how are my lil quail doing?
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom