a good incubator

cjschickens

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 23, 2012
Can all those that are on-line right now please give me some advice as to what is a really good incubator. We have a little giant still air and I AM NOT impressed ! Instead I am depressed as to how many eggs I had to throw out! Thanks.

Just a quick reply, I to bought a LG but with the fan. Still not happy. I bought a Hova-Bater Genesis that is electronic, soooo much better! Keeps temp as good as it can get for a styro bater. I just bought another one and keeping the LG for a back up in case I have eggs turning and hatching at the same time
woot.gif

Thanks a zillion ! I see you are in Sharpsburg -- I'm in Hagerstown, Md. Nice to "shake your hand !" We have 8 children, several who are chicken enthusiast, and so we decided to share the joy of hatching chicks with them, but we were ignorant to the fact that the little giant is a no-gooder !

Brinseas are reliable and easy. Most people who own them have good to decent hatches. There are a few who have problems or dislike a few features, but I've yet to have a bad hatch in mine.

Thanks a zillion ! I see you are in Sharpsburg -- I'm in Hagerstown, Md. Nice to "shake your hand !" We have 8 children, several who are chicken enthusiast, and so we decided to share the joy of hatching chicks with them, but we were ignorant to the fact that the little giant is a no-gooder !

Ha what a quinkydink! I have one grown daughter, 13 miniature horses, 4 lite brahma hens, 2 TSC black hens, 2-3 week old buff brahmas, 1 week old buff laced brahma (only one that hatched from 1st hatch attempt, fertility issue), 46 brahma eggs in the baters, 4 jack russells, 1 golden, 1 dutch belted rabbit, 3 old retired quarter horses and gold fish, lol
clap.gif
Are you going to the Chicken swap in June thats in Sharpsburg?

Yes we are ! Do you need another mini horse ? We have a stud up here that we need to get rid of. We actually live in the middle of a development. You know where the new Sheetz store is at the corner of RT. 11 and Maugans Ave. ? if you go East past that Sheetz , we live in the development right across the road from the United Bank ! Our pasture is small, and this stud is the colt of the one momma. We really only want the mares --- so if you know of anybody interested in a 10 mon. old stud let me know ! (Kinda got off the chicken issue !) We are also Foster parents -- so we never have a boring day !! Do you ever sell your Brahma chicks ?

Yes I hope to get some hatched this is only my second attempt. Hoping the Hova-Baters make all the difference. If you are interested let me know. They are the nicest breed, docile and quiet. Good in cold weather. The roos are even docile but still crow. I dont have any roos, all my eggs are shipped eggs. But awesome color varieties.

I have 4 stallions right now, sure cant keep another one. Actually looking at the 4 to make up my mind which one to sell. There's an auction May 12 in Greencastle, if you have a current coggins and health report you could take him there. They do take walkins. I gave away 4 minis this past spring. Southlawn Stables sponsors it, you could google them.

Back
Top Bottom