A GOOD QUAIL KEEPING BOOK.

yallapilko

Songster
7 Years
Nov 13, 2012
I wonder what is your favorite quail keeping book? Mine is Urban Quail Keeping by Karen J Puddephatt. It's pretty darn good! I wish I had it when I first started out and avoided a lot of mishaps. This book has gone to the top of my list.

My next favorite is Katie Thear's book 'Keeping Quail'. It's dated now though, some of the information is out of date and it was written in the 80s and has black and white photos. But basically OK.

What's your favorite?

The Coturnix Revoluation by Alexandra Douglas (formerly a member here you can find her posts by her username Stellar) It's quite expensive but Alexandra is an authority on quail biology and has spent a whole lot of her time raising, developing, and better understanding coturnix. If you had to read only one book on the subject I'd recommend this on. It's $75 though.

A Closer Look at "Button Quail" The Care and Breeding of Chinese Blue-Breasted Quail by Jodi McDonald of Bracken Ridge Ranch. She sells them on the web site as well as you can get them on Amazon and ebay. I love this book and Jodi is the one who believes that these special little birds should be treated as closely as we can to living in the wild.

Mine is 'The Culture of the Quail' by C Gross, it can be downloaded free from Project Guttenberg. It was written in the 1890's and is an enjoyable laugh.

Hey I'm going to bump this as I'm sure there are some more quail book readers out there! What is YOUR favorite ?

Thanks guys. Sorry for the delay in replying. I took a small break . Chicken Obsessed - if it's a good book $75 sounds good I think....though I'll have to wait a while to get it! Grandma Bird. - Sounds good. But I'm more of a coturnix person.

Back
Top Bottom