>~* A Howl At Midnight>~* A FORGOTTEN DOGS ROLEPLAY!

Obsidian shook out his pelt- as if he could dislodge the hurtful internal grime along with the harmless external. That's what you wanted to hear, isn't it? Her blunt request for advance certainly didn't leave room for more squandering himself away. Just...put your heart away for later. That's that. Maybe he'd wanted her to affirm what he already knew by putting more point-blank emphasis on the fact that he was needed more by the tattered living than the hopelessly dead. The way she put it had actually seemed like she had no tolerance for such a pathetic hindrance. Should she, though? Should anyone?
"So...we're hunting," he stated tentatively, sounding completely uncertain. "Or was it patrolling?"
Hawk accordingly modeled their riveted drive for himself and quickened his pace further, not one to pass up an opportunity to show he was not to be easily surpassed.
As his nose suggested, it wasn't more than a few heartbeats before their efficient pursuit turned successful.
"Obsidian, Raksha." Hawk barked his thunderous warning even before the forms of the elusive packmates were entirely clear. "Patrol's over."

Obsidian jumped, earthen litter scattering in all directions. Once he recovered from the initial scare of being torn out of diffident preoccupation, he turned to face the oncoming dogs with shamefully flattened ears. "...what?"
As soon as the timorous query was out, he wanted to suck in enough air to swallow the stupid, useless word. Seriously, Obsidian, you're questioning powerful onslaught of upper-rankers.
His inner condemnation only worsened when his eyes caught an intimidating whiteness among the harried group. Alpha. Only then did he let up on his self-deprecation and switch his attentions to uneasy atmosphere the other dogs had brought. In fact, even a fleeting glimpse showed that not a single one of them seemed the least bit peaceful.
Quickly catching the ominous contagion, Obsidian let a full-body shiver run its course.
"Apparently we're done patrolling," Raksha muttered. She pinned her ears at the swarm of dogs that had interrupted her escape from the chaos back at camp. A sick heat flared behind her eyes and slowly spread down to the wound in her leg. She was too tired for this.
"Why, in Procyon's name, did it require half the pack to just come get us, exactly?" she growled. "I mean, if one of you idiots cones charging after us with your fur bristling and growling like a rabid, I can deal with that," she turned to look at Birch, "the Alpha needs to be an Alpha, not a young pup playing pack leader."
She shivered; her fur was damp, and a whisper of a breeze felt like knives on her skin.

Moth let her tongue loll, happy to let her practical front down for once. She got up and began to make her way back out through the overhang of roots, then abruptly turned around on at the beckons of an afterthought. "Hey, Lily, I know you've probably been swamped over the past few days...is there any way I can help you out?"
Lily cocked her head to the side and thought for a moment, "There's not much at the moment, I'm almost done sorting these out, but it would be nice to have an extra set of paws when a dog needs my help."

Troutfin and Riverfire were hunting at the edge of River pack territory.
Riverfire pricked his ears. "Did you hear that?" He growled, turning slowly around to look towards camp.
"What?" Troutfin barked, the young dog cocking his head at him skeptically.
"I thought I heard something near camp." Riverfire said, his voice low. He sniffed the crisp air, his nostrils flaring.
"Storm pack?" Troutfin barked, sounding alarmed. He inched towards the other dog, ears straining forward. "I don't hear anything."
"Not Storm pack... I don't think." Riverfire muttered.
"I'm sure it's nothing," Troutfin muttered reassuringly.
Riverfire nodded after a moment of hesitation.
"I'm going to look for voles near the stream." Troutfin barked, trying to move the patrol along. "Let's split up. We'll cover more ground that way."

Grant padded through the brush and found a little enclave of rocks that made a makeshift den. At the sight of it he felt the weight of the world fall down on his shoulders, he slowly tramped inside the rocks and collapsed on the cold floor. He curled into a ball in the corner of the cave, placed his head on his paws and sighed heavily. He missed the soft touch of Misty's fur beside him as they both watched Wisteria play in the circle of their bodies. He closed his eyes and quickly fell asleep, dreaming bittersweet dreams about what he missed so dearly.
Troutfin trotted along the stream, his tail held high, watching the water. He enjoyed going out hunting by himself; it cleared his head. Especially after all that had happened over the past few days...
He was so deep in thought that he almost ran into a boulder. "What the..." he muttered, sniffing around the base of it. Maybe he could catch some small rodents unawares.

Hawk accordingly modeled their riveted drive for himself and quickened his pace further, not one to pass up an opportunity to show he was not to be easily surpassed.
As his nose suggested, it wasn't more than a few heartbeats before their efficient pursuit turned successful.
"Obsidian, Raksha." Hawk barked his thunderous warning even before the forms of the elusive packmates were entirely clear. "Patrol's over."

Obsidian jumped, earthen litter scattering in all directions. Once he recovered from the initial scare of being torn out of diffident preoccupation, he turned to face the oncoming dogs with shamefully flattened ears. "...what?"
As soon as the timorous query was out, he wanted to suck in enough air to swallow the stupid, useless word. Seriously, Obsidian, you're questioning powerful onslaught of upper-rankers.
His inner condemnation only worsened when his eyes caught an intimidating whiteness among the harried group. Alpha. Only then did he let up on his self-deprecation and switch his attentions to uneasy atmosphere the other dogs had brought. In fact, even a fleeting glimpse showed that not a single one of them seemed the least bit peaceful.
Quickly catching the ominous contagion, Obsidian let a full-body shiver run its course.
"Apparently we're done patrolling," Raksha muttered. She pinned her ears at the swarm of dogs that had interrupted her escape from the chaos back at camp. A sick heat flared behind her eyes and slowly spread down to the wound in her leg. She was too tired for this.
"Why, in Procyon's name, did it require half the pack to just come get us, exactly?" she growled. "I mean, if one of you idiots cones charging after us with your fur bristling and growling like a rabid, I can deal with that," she turned to look at Birch, "the Alpha needs to be an Alpha, not a young pup playing pack leader."
She shivered; her fur was damp, and a whisper of a breeze felt like knives on her skin.
Birch slowed to a halt, eyes narrowed. "For your information, Raksha, we've been gathering patrols, which is why we have so many dogs with us," she growled, a warning tone to her voice. With a emotionless glance over the group of dogs, she jerked her head back towards the camp, "three dogs have been murdered by a rouge male, one of which was a pup. I want all of you pack in camp," she swung her head around to glare at Hollyshadow, whom had caught up to them and was cowering behind Birch, "we can't risk the lives of our dogs any more, not now, lets go." She turned on her heels sharply, then paused.
"Oh, and Raksha? Just because I'm not Midnight doesn't mean I don't know how to lead a pack. It's not my first day out of the Bellies den."

"I'm sure it's nothing," Troutfin muttered reassuringly.
Riverfire nodded after a moment of hesitation.
"I'm going to look for voles near the stream." Troutfin barked, trying to move the patrol along. "Let's split up. We'll cover more ground that way."

Troutfin trotted along the stream, his tail held high, watching the water. He enjoyed going out hunting by himself; it cleared his head. Especially after all that had happened over the past few days...
He was so deep in thought that he almost ran into a boulder. "What the..." he muttered, sniffing around the base of it. Maybe he could catch some small rodents unawares.
Grant's head shot up at the sound of the soft thump and the muttering. He narrowed his eyes and watched the entrance carefully. Melting into the shadows he sat on his haunches and waited. His red eyes pierced the darkness as he waited for the enemy to step in front of the entrance so he could drag it into the darkness for good.

Grant's head shot up at the sound of the soft thump and the muttering. He narrowed his eyes and watched the entrance carefully. Melting into the shadows he sat on his haunches and waited. His red eyes pierced the darkness as he waited for the enemy to step in front of the entrance so he could drag it into the darkness for good.
Troutfin, nose to the ground, shuffled along the base of the boulder. Then a strange scent found his nostrils, and he froze. He was standing in front of a cave, staring into the shadowed entrance. And he could smell canine.
And blood.
He inched backwards, tail stiff in the air behind him. "H-hello?" He yelped into the darkness.

Lily cocked her head to the side and thought for a moment, "There's not much at the moment, I'm almost done sorting these out, but it would be nice to have an extra set of paws when a dog needs my help."
"Well, then, don't hesitate to call for me if need be." Moth was feeling kinda awkward now, but she hid it well. Part of it was most likely from the fact that she was a big dog in a little den. "I'll either be within earshot or chasing after my dork."
With that, she backed out all of the way and stood blinking in the sudden onslaught of sunlight for a long moment. She shook her head to clear the glare's interference, then trotted out of camp, trying to pinpoint where she'd last seen her mate. "Sting?"

[Rip Pack]
Calamitypup wandered through the sparse scrub in the far reaches of Rip Pack territory, her tail low.
She had not a father, nor a mother, nor siblings to her name.
I'm really that alone.
And friends? Rip Pack didn't do friends.
Sure, she'd gone and made some anyway, but those relationships were undeniably shallow. They wouldn't get her through this tribulation.
Brindlepup was probably her best bet. And she'd just lost a parent as well, albeit not in the same sense, but devastating regardless.
But she was taking it much, much differently than Calamitypup.
Calamitypup sighed dejectedly. Maybe she should just try to be a normal coyote.
A normal coyote. She snorted. That didn't amount to much.
No, she was starkly different and she was going to stay that way.
But, despite it all, there was still someone else who gave her a little hope.
Her packtor, Disaster. He had an authenticity about him that no other coyote would be caught dead with.
She'd seem him come out this way earlier- that was why she'd come here in the first place.
Cheered somewhat, she picked up her pace, her nose alternating between empty air and the dry dirt to keep his scent trail in her nostrils.
"Disaster?"
@Toast bite88

"Well, then, don't hesitate to call for me if need be." Moth was feeling kinda awkward now, but she hid it well. Part of it was most likely from the fact that she was a big dog in a little den. "I'll either be within earshot or chasing after my dork."
With that, she backed out all of the way and stood blinking in the sudden onslaught of sunlight for a long moment. She shook her head to clear the glare's interference, then trotted out of camp, trying to pinpoint where she'd last seen her mate. "Sting?"
Stinger had dozed off after sitting in the sun for awhile. He was dreaming of chasing rabbits when he heard his mate's familiar voice. He woke up to see Moth calling for him, after talking with Lily. "Oh hey, what's up?", he said, shaking the dust loose from his fur.

(hEhEhE im going to not reply hEhE)

Back
Top Bottom