>~* A Howl At Midnight>~* A FORGOTTEN DOGS ROLEPLAY!

Water gave a strangled howl as the female's jaws clamped onto her throat, but as Avalanche ripped back, the sound died off.
She sucked in a last breath, but no oxygen reached her lungs as her body began spasming, her head twisting back at an odd angle. Please, no... Raven, run.

Raven's eyes grew wide as she saw her friend's life drift away right in-front of her, leaving her alone in a now once again uneven battle for life. She slowly stopped fighting, shock and blood lose draining away her spirit. I can't win.
Once Raven had stopped fighting, Vulture quickly snapped her neck. He dropped the limp she-dog and backed away a step. "What now?" He barked, looking to his sister attentively.
"We search for more lone canines. This pack's been torn apart by war, and if we can manage to lower their numbers, they'll hold no power in these territories." Avalanche growled, "Soon, it will be the time to exterminate them. For now, we must kill as many as we can." She gave one last look at the devastation they had caused, then led her brother into the undergrowth.

Dotpup startled at Coal's momentary violent reaction, but didn't have time to draw back before she was encompassed entirely by the big dog's body. "Hi," she whispered meekly, her eyes rounded and focused entirely onto Coal's. She really wanted to be ready to apologize and retreat at the first hint of reignited agitation.
But in the midst of her guilty resolve, she was aware of her eyelids creeping downward. It'd been so long since she'd felt safe enough to invite sleep involuntarily. "I'm...I'm sorry."

Coal licked the top of her head. "You don't have anything to be sorry for," she hushed. "Why lead off with the apology?"

d a r t d i e d

Once Raven had stopped fighting, Vulture quickly snapped her neck. He dropped the limp she-dog and backed away a step. "What now?" He barked, looking to his sister attentively.
"We search for more lone canines. This pack's been torn apart by war, and if we can manage to lower their numbers, they'll hold no power in these territories." Avalanche growled, "Soon, it will be the time to exterminate them. For now, we must kill as many as we can." She gave one last look at the devastation they had caused, then led her brother into the undergrowth.
R a v e n d i e d

{Rip}
Jade stared listlessly at the leaves on the ground and shoved them in circles with her paw. They shivered and crackled, sharing news about the oppression from above with their neighbors. Snow melted on Jade’s paw pad, and she stared as if fascinated by it. But she was actually thinking I really need to get a life.
~
{Storm}
Redfeather was in camp, considering prescribing a cure for his boredom.
Should I nag Alpha about actually doing productive activities or will that send her over edge of insanity? A disturbing thought floated to the front of his mind. Am I the one who messed this pack up, constantly begging for an executive decision?
Maybe I should just take a nap. Or hunt rabbits. By myself.
The thought bothered him. He was a wolf. Wolves didn’t do things by themselves. “We need cooperation,” he said decisively.
“What?” Cheese Grit’s asked. His jowls took a minute to return to their proper places after that simple question.
“Sorry. I just spoke out loud.” Redfeather said. He was so lost in his solitude he hadn’t noticed that the bulldog was there. Maybe I’m insane. Next thing you know I’ll be gibbering with mania.

Coal licked the top of her head. "You don't have anything to be sorry for," she hushed. "Why lead off with the apology?"
Coal's response roused Dotpup enough to get a few fluttering, uncoordinated blinks, but it wasn't more than a pawful of heartbeats before she was hopelessly overtaken.
Her head lolled forward into her own paws and she was o u t.

Hawk accordingly modeled their riveted drive for himself and quickened his pace further, not one to pass up an opportunity to show he was not to be easily surpassed.
As his nose suggested, it wasn't more than a few heartbeats before their efficient pursuit turned successful.
"Obsidian, Raksha." Hawk barked his thunderous warning even before the forms of the elusive packmates were entirely clear. "Patrol's over."

Obsidian jumped, earthen litter scattering in all directions. Once he recovered from the initial scare of being torn out of diffident preoccupation, he turned to face the oncoming dogs with shamefully flattened ears. "...what?"
As soon as the timorous query was out, he wanted to suck in enough air to swallow the stupid, useless word. Seriously, Obsidian, you're questioning powerful onslaught of upper-rankers.
His inner condemnation only worsened when his eyes caught an intimidating whiteness among the harried group. Alpha. Only then did he let up on his self-deprecation and switch his attentions to uneasy atmosphere the other dogs had brought. In fact, even a fleeting glimpse showed that not a single one of them seemed the least bit peaceful.
Quickly catching the ominous contagion, Obsidian let a full-body shiver run its course.
"Apparently we're done patrolling," Raksha muttered. She pinned her ears at the swarm of dogs that had interrupted her escape from the chaos back at camp. A sick heat flared behind her eyes and slowly spread down to the wound in her leg. She was too tired for this.
"Why, in Procyon's name, did it require half the pack to just come get us, exactly?" she growled. "I mean, if one of you idiots cones charging after us with your fur bristling and growling like a rabid, I can deal with that," she turned to look at Birch, "the Alpha needs to be an Alpha, not a young pup playing pack leader."
She shivered; her fur was damp, and a whisper of a breeze felt like knives on her skin.
Seeker's lips twitched, hardly keep herself from bearing her teeth at Raksha as she skidded to a stop in-front of Obsidian, but her eyes stayed trained on the black female. "Sandstorm, Dark, and Silverpup are dead. So unless you suddenly have an undeniable death wish, Raksha, I suggest you come back with us or you're next." She spat, giving an annoyed wave of her tail. After the day's events, she didn't really care if she was reprimanded for her words.
Birch slowed to a halt, eyes narrowed. "For your information, Raksha, we've been gathering patrols, which is why we have so many dogs with us," she growled, a warning tone to her voice. With a emotionless glance over the group of dogs, she jerked her head back towards the camp, "three dogs have been murdered by a rouge male, one of which was a pup. I want all of you pack in camp," she swung her head around to glare at Hollyshadow, whom had caught up to them and was cowering behind Birch, "we can't risk the lives of our dogs any more, not now, lets go." She turned on her heels sharply, then paused.
"Oh, and Raksha? Just because I'm not Midnight doesn't mean I don't know how to lead a pack. It's not my first day out of the Bellies den."
Seeker turned again, facing the way back to camp. "Was there anyone else on patrol that anyone knows of, Alpha?" She asked, eyes staring blankly into the darkness.

Back
Top Bottom