>~* A Howl At Midnight>~* A FORGOTTEN DOGS ROLEPLAY!

(Rip)
Timber Rattler stretched and stood up, all of his vertebrae popping.
Hunger gnawed playfully at his stomach like an annoying teething pup. I haven’t eaten in... well, a long time.
And there probably wasn’t any rabbit available. Or anything really. Rip pack hadn’t made hunting a priority very recently.
No matter. He was a coyote. And a coyote had the freedom to hunt for himself. Even if he could manipulate his mousy sister into doing it for him. He glared at the vacantly staring grey she-yote and trotted into the woods.
As his paws hit the frost and brought up wisps of snow and dead leaves, Timber Rattler’s olfactory senses were assaulted by the sharp scent of frost and decay and the more benign smell of morning, singing birds, and a gradually freezing brook slowing in its flow a quarter mile away.
And deer. There were lots of those in Rip pack due to the smaller, uncooperative pack members.
It took him a while to find it, but there it was. By that burrow. Rabbit.
He took a step, the crunch of leaves muffled by the snow. The grey blob didn’t notice. Another, and it was up, looking for the source of the sound.
But Timber Rattler was too fast. He lashed out, snapping its neck with his jaws, and made his way back to camp with it dangling from his jaws. He flopped on his side and dug into the rabbit hungrily.

Coal's response roused Dotpup enough to get a few fluttering, uncoordinated blinks, but it wasn't more than a pawful of heartbeats before she was hopelessly overtaken.
Her head lolled forward into her own paws and she was o u t.
me whenever Mr Howe mentions taking a test.

Seeker's lips twitched, hardly keep herself from bearing her teeth at Raksha as she skidded to a stop in-front of Obsidian, but her eyes stayed trained on the black female. "Sandstorm, Dark, and Silverpup are dead. So unless you suddenly have an undeniable death wish, Raksha, I suggest you come back with us or you're next." She spat, giving an annoyed wave of her tail. After the day's events, she didn't really care if she was reprimanded for her words.

Seeker turned again, facing the way back to camp. "Was there anyone else on patrol that anyone knows of, Alpha?" She asked, eyes staring blankly into the darkness.
Raksha resisted the urge to bare her teeth and nodded curtly. She glanced to Obsidian. "Let's get going, kid," she said. She brushed past Seeker and set off at a limping trot back towards camp.

Seeker's lips twitched, hardly keep herself from bearing her teeth at Raksha as she skidded to a stop in-front of Obsidian, but her eyes stayed trained on the black female. "Sandstorm, Dark, and Silverpup are dead. So unless you suddenly have an undeniable death wish, Raksha, I suggest you come back with us or you're next." She spat, giving an annoyed wave of her tail. After the day's events, she didn't really care if she was reprimanded for her words.

Seeker turned again, facing the way back to camp. "Was there anyone else on patrol that anyone knows of, Alpha?" She asked, eyes staring blankly into the darkness.

me whenever Mr Howe mentions taking a test.

Raksha resisted the urge to bare her teeth and nodded curtly. She glanced to Obsidian. "Let's get going, kid," she said. She brushed past Seeker and set off at a limping trot back towards camp.
Obsidian's tail dropped fast along with his jaw. An elongated moment passed before he could get anything out. "Dead?"
But Raksha didn't give him a change to struggle for any additional words. He forced himself into a stiff lope, paced just right to keep him alongside her.
Ha, keeping up with Raksha, unthinkable. But, thanks to her injury, the impossible was sad reality.

Obsidian's tail dropped fast along with his jaw. An elongated moment passed before he could get anything out. "Dead?"
But Raksha didn't give him a change to struggle for any additional words. He forced himself into a stiff lope, paced just right to keep him alongside her.
Ha, keeping up with Raksha, unthinkable. But, thanks to her injury, the impossible was sad reality.
Seeker followed them slowly, making sure that she didn't leave Hawk, Birch, or Hollyshadow behind.
"Yeah, Obsidian, they're gone." She muttered, wincing as her previous running had allowed the claw wounds one her back that the white wolf from Canyon pack had inflicted on her to re-open and let small droplets of salty smelling blood roll down her side. What'd he say his name was? Snowdrop? Well, curse him. She thought to herself grouchily, trying to think of anything to keep her mind from wandering back to her dead sister and pack-mates.
But even that soon failed as she found herself catching up to the younger dog. "They were killed by a large, rogue he-dog is all we know. No one saw him, the only way we even found out was Dark's howl." She murmured quietly and emotionlessly, eyes stuck towards the shadows before them-- As though fearful of seeing some dog jump out at them.

Blanket.
97FA35EB-8522-4460-8924-E77C6ABFB762.jpeg

(I just realized I put this on the wrong thread. Oh well, it happens)
(Canyon)
Blanket stared into the rippling river. It was fortunate that the current was strong enough to keep it from freezing, providing Canyon pack with a fairly inexhaustible food supply.
A dog stared back at her, with soft, wavy grey fur and clear yellow eyes.
She peered past the reflection, however, searching. Water... weathered pebbles, weeds forcefully shoved by the current.
And then... movement... not at all like the repetitive abuse that the elodea were currently enduring. A side-to-side wiggle, powering the thing downstream.
Blanket had trained her eyes to recognize that wiggle, trained herself to bring the thing to the surface before her mind had even grasped what it was.
Fish. She hardly remembered jumping into the water to reach it, only realizing she had done so after she was safely back on the shore. Her curly pelt shed the painfully cold water effortlessly and she bit down hard, causing the fish’s irksome flopping to cease.
Then she lay it to rest on the shore and stared at it for a while, finally deciding that the only thing for her to do would be to catch another. (She’s basically at camp unless it’s been moved since the original post.)

Troutfin, nose to the ground, shuffled along the base of the boulder. Then a strange scent found his nostrils, and he froze. He was standing in front of a cave, staring into the shadowed entrance. And he could smell canine.
And blood.
He inched backwards, tail stiff in the air behind him. "H-hello?" He yelped into the darkness.
Grant opened his closed eyes at the sound of the terrified yelp. He shifted on his haunches and rose to his full height, head lowered. He opened his mouth slightly and exhaled silently, a puff of warm breath fading into the darkness. Pinning his ears flat against his skull and placed one paw forward, waiting.

Grant opened his closed eyes at the sound of the terrified yelp. He shifted on his haunches and rose to his full height, head lowered. He opened his mouth slightly and exhaled silently, a puff of warm breath fading into the darkness. Pinning his ears flat against his skull and placed one paw forward, waiting.
I smell something. I should probably howl- or get out of here- Troutfin's thoughts raced like cats after catnip in his head. No. Calm yourself. You can handle this. He squared his shoulders and lifted his tail. "Whoever you are, you need to get out of River Pack territory." He growled in a threatening tone towards the darkness of the cave. Troutfin took a step forward. "Or me and my patrol will make you." Yeah, he'll figure out that's a bluff pretty quick, but at least it sounds tough.

Paw step after paw step, Birch was slowly leading the group back towards the camp, her paws falling in a slowly trot. "No," the young alpha answered the she-dog's question, her head low, searching for any scents, pack mates or rouges, in the leaf litter. "I don't believe there was anyone else on patrol."

~

She was lost. Again.
One moment she was sulking behind Squirrel, and the next moment she was off, following a mouse through a thicket. She never found it, of course, but she found herself separated from the group. Proycon, curse me and my stupid brain.
It was cold, the chill seeping through her thin fur, causing the young she-coyote to shiver. And it was dark— of course it was dark, it just had to be dark, didn't it? Sure she was a coyote, with skilled eyes to see in the darkness, but everything was distorted at night. The flicker of darkness in the looming wood before her could have been merely a shadow, or it could have been something more, something darker and more sinister, just lurking in the darkness, waiting for the next moment she was caught off guard. Holly didn't want to always get sidetracked, she wanted Birch to like her, not despise her. But no matter how hard she tried to concentrate, she couldn't focus on the task at paw.
A little whimper escaped her throat as she padded forward, her paw steps careful. Snap. She whipped around, ears snapping to attention at the crackling noise of a twig breaking. "Alpha?" She breathed, her voice trembling. A few heart beats later and there was still no answer. "Squirrel?"
Her shaky breathing created puffs of steam in the air, her roaring heartbeat the only noise in her ears. She crouched low, crawling forward with tentative steps, barely daring to even breathe. Her muzzle swung side to side, amber eyes searching the caliginous shadows of the desolate forest. She could have sworn that shadow just moved, right behind the looming cedar.
The little coyotes frame was trembling with unrepressed trepidation, her ears flattened against her skull. That shadow had moved, a large, slinking figure darting between the trees. "S-Seeker?" No, not Seeker. It was a different scent, not of River Pack, but colder. Musty. Like an old cave, damp, cold, abandoned and lonesome.
Leaf litter flew into the air, paws slamming full speed against the ground. Claws met fur and teeth flashed in the light of the half-moon, a massive figure slamming their entire weight into Holly's side, knocking her flat to the ground. She was frantic, gasping for air that wouldn't come, scrambling feebly at the furred shape above her that was crushing her ribcage, forcefully taking away the ease to let oxygen enter her body.
"Please," she choked out, staring up at the glinting blue eyes, shards of ice against the darkness of the dogs pelt. The weight lifted suddenly, and she was able to breathe again, cold air entered her lungs, causing her chest to ache.
The relief was only brief, though, for there were only a few beats of recovery for her until the creature came back full force, teeth snagging her pelt, yanking out fur. Holly threw her head back, her desperate howl filling the night air, teeth sinking into the tender skin of her flank. She whipped around, lips pulling back to reveal her teeth. There was no way she would over take the massive dog in front of her. This is it. This is my fate for being so stupid. I'm gonna die like the others.
The dog charged, rearing up with a vicious snarl, and Holly met the dog, rearing on her hind paws as well. Jaws snapped, blood spattering the ground, staining their pelts. Mice scattered and crickets leapt for safety as the two tussled, before finally the dog grabbed a hold of her scruff, and flung the coyote away.
Holly landed harshly against the ground with a strained yelp, scrambling to her paws. She held her left front paw against her chest, one eyes already hot and swollen, her vision severely distorted in it.
The massive she-dog strode toward her, clearly confident in her motives. There was a certain swagger to her gait that left Holly with a sense of dread.
"If you're going to kill me, I ask of you one thing," she panted, staring up at the dog even though her head was lowered. The she-dogs lip curled, as if her request revolted her. But the dark creature leaned in and down, muzzle to muzzle with her. "And what would that be, little yote?" She whispered silkily, sending shivers down Holly's spine.
"Give my pack mercy." Holly growled, her heart thumping like a trapped bird.
A grin trespassed onto the she-dogs face, shoving her sneer out of the way. She tossed her muzzle back to the moon, a laugh escaping her throat before her head snapped back down, staring Holly dead in the eye. "Wendigo doesn't do mercy."
And that was the last thing she remembered before it went dark.

I smell something. I should probably howl- or get out of here- Troutfin's thoughts raced like cats after catnip in his head. No. Calm yourself. You can handle this. He squared his shoulders and lifted his tail. "Whoever you are, you need to get out of River Pack territory." He growled in a threatening tone towards the darkness of the cave. Troutfin took a step forward. "Or me and my patrol will make you." Yeah, he'll figure out that's a bluff pretty quick, but at least it sounds tough.
Grant let a low chuckle emanate from deep in his chest. "Smart pup. Hiding your fear to the best of your ability." He chuckled again, his blood-red eyes beginning to burn brightly as the ravenous hunger within him grew. "You seem to hold this pack of yours in high regard." He placed his other paw forward. "A shame they won't put you on the same pedestal you put them on."
Grant lunged forward, his bloodlust finally breaking free. Jaws unhinged and paws ready, he aimed straight for the dog's neck. In an unimaginable speed, Grant grabbed the back of the dog's neck, kicked his legs from under him and flipped him over onto his back. Without any hesitation, he then bit down on Troutfin's throat, blood sprouted into Grant's mouth, the salty and metallic taste flowing over his tongue. He then waited, staring into the dog's eyes without a hint of remorse.

Back
Top Bottom