>~* A Howl At Midnight>~* A FORGOTTEN DOGS ROLEPLAY!

Rain finally caught the scent of rabbits, and slipped into the shadows, slowly creeping closer before she shot after them, jaws snapping mercilessly.
When she caught one, she began shaking her head viciously until the plump little innocent creature still with death. She flicked her ears as she heard two dogs somewhere near her, her blood splattered face twisting back to look into the shadows.

Seeker crashed through the undergrowth, jumping over a fallen log with ease. "I know. I just don't want to bury another pack-mate." She said quietly, mismatched eyes searching around them as she kept sucking in deep breathes to catch the jumbled scents.
She broke through the bushes and onto a small trail, tripping over a unearthed root and sliding through the mud until her back slammed into something sticky. The scents started to become overwhelming, there was blood for sure, it's salty and metallic smell washing over her-- And she was sure that had to be the sticky substance now covering her back. Hollyshadow's smell was mingled with another one, a more rough one that definitely belonged to a rogue.
She gave a soft growl, slowly dragging her aching body to her feet, before her eyes locked onto the horror scene of a sight before her. Seeker backed up, shaking her head in confusion. "She was just with us." She whispered, staring at the pool of blood that was splashed left and right.

Shade nodded, eyes turning down towards the water before locking onto a wriggling shadow.
He pounced forward, sticking his entire face into the water as he clamped his jaws around a large salmon, before ripping his head back out quickly, clutching the squirming fish and setting it next to her's. He gave a flick of his tail with suppressed pride, still giving a friendly grin. "Name's Shade, by the way. You're Dust's sister?" He said silkily, trying to make small talk and learn more about her.
She's heard us. Guess I'll have some fun. Avalanche stepped out of the undergrowth. Her amber eyes gleamed and her thick pelt was spattered with blood. Vulture watched them, slowly edging to the side so the wind didn't blow his scent towards the she-dog.

(Don't worry about it! I should have made it more clear.)

"I know, Seeker!" Birch snarled, turning to her. "Do you think I don't?" She paced the clearing, her pelt a stark white in the darkness. "I can't do anything about it. It's not another pack, this isn't Dark Storm, I can't bring war to the rouges. If I could do something, I would, but I can't." Her muzzle was low, searching for anymore scents. Anger was boiling within her, not at Seeker but at the rouges, at Dark Storm even though he was dead. At herself; at Midnight. It was unrequited anger, aimed at some who didn't even have anything to do with the rouges, but it was still unadulterated. The rouges had killed members of her pack, and not just adult dogs but a pup. Dark Storm had been the reason Midnight had died, leaving her to take over as Alpha. She, herself, had failed her pack, failed to be a proper Alpha, failed to even appoint a Beta. And Midnight—
Birch shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts. "We have to go," she growled to Seeker. "We've lost enough dogs today. We need to get back to camp."
There was a commotion as Riverfire blundered through the brambles, finally leaping out and staring at the two. He was panting and there was anger in his eyes. "One of those mange-pelted wolves got Troutfin!" He barked, pawing the earth.

(Don't worry about it! I should have made it more clear.)

"I know, Seeker!" Birch snarled, turning to her. "Do you think I don't?" She paced the clearing, her pelt a stark white in the darkness. "I can't do anything about it. It's not another pack, this isn't Dark Storm, I can't bring war to the rouges. If I could do something, I would, but I can't." Her muzzle was low, searching for anymore scents. Anger was boiling within her, not at Seeker but at the rouges, at Dark Storm even though he was dead. At herself; at Midnight. It was unrequited anger, aimed at some who didn't even have anything to do with the rouges, but it was still unadulterated. The rouges had killed members of her pack, and not just adult dogs but a pup. Dark Storm had been the reason Midnight had died, leaving her to take over as Alpha. She, herself, had failed her pack, failed to be a proper Alpha, failed to even appoint a Beta. And Midnight—
Birch shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts. "We have to go," she growled to Seeker. "We've lost enough dogs today. We need to get back to camp."
Seeker turned her back to her, trotting towards the camp. "I'm not saying that to you. I know we can't do anything about it, they're just gone and that's it. I'm just... Mad. You would be too if Ash or Flame died. Dark was the only thing I've had, the only dog who really ever stood up for me. I blame myself for her death, and the rogues. I dragged her away from Dark Pack, when Rip Pack rejected and attacked us I brought her here, and just when we were free too, I let her die, alone." She murmured, eyes glazed.
There was a commotion as Riverfire blundered through the brambles, finally leaping out and staring at the two. He was panting and there was anger in his eyes. "One of those mange-pelted wolves got Troutfin!" He barked, pawing the earth.
Seeker jumped backwards, teeth bared in a ruthless snarl, her body recoiled back and ready to attack until she realized it was Riverfire. She mumbled something under her breath, but shook her head. "Never mind. Did you catch their scent, or see them? The killed Sandstorm and Silverpup, not just Dark. And they just took Hollyshadow." She said, letting her face go emotionless once more, and stalked up to her pack-mate, searing eyes staring down at him.
She's heard us. Guess I'll have some fun. Avalanche stepped out of the undergrowth. Her amber eyes gleamed and her thick pelt was spattered with blood. Vulture watched them, slowly edging to the side so the wind didn't blow his scent towards the she-dog.
Rain dropped her kill, licking her lips nervously. "Who... Who are you?" She asked, backing up a little, sucking in a breath to try and catch Avalanche's scent. "Why do you smell like Raven and Water?" She said slowly, eyes staring at the blood on the dark dog's coat.

Last edited:
Rain finally caught the scent of rabbits, and slipped into the shadows, slowly creeping closer before she shot after them, jaws snapping mercilessly.
When she caught one, she began shaking her head viciously until the plump little innocent creature still with death. She flicked her ears as she heard two dogs somewhere near her, her blood splattered face twisting back to look into the shadows.

Seeker crashed through the undergrowth, jumping over a fallen log with ease. "I know. I just don't want to bury another pack-mate." She said quietly, mismatched eyes searching around them as she kept sucking in deep breathes to catch the jumbled scents.
She broke through the bushes and onto a small trail, tripping over a unearthed root and sliding through the mud until her back slammed into something sticky. The scents started to become overwhelming, there was blood for sure, it's salty and metallic smell washing over her-- And she was sure that had to be the sticky substance now covering her back. Hollyshadow's smell was mingled with another one, a more rough one that definitely belonged to a rogue.
She gave a soft growl, slowly dragging her aching body to her feet, before her eyes locked onto the horror scene of a sight before her. Seeker backed up, shaking her head in confusion. "She was just with us." She whispered, staring at the pool of blood that was splashed left and right.

Shade nodded, eyes turning down towards the water before locking onto a wriggling shadow.
He pounced forward, sticking his entire face into the water as he clamped his jaws around a large salmon, before ripping his head back out quickly, clutching the squirming fish and setting it next to her's. He gave a flick of his tail with suppressed pride, still giving a friendly grin. "Name's Shade, by the way. You're Dust's sister?" He said silkily, trying to make small talk and learn more about her.
Oh. He did see a gigantic salmon.
She quickly hid the fact that she thought the catch was quite an impressive one, giving her face a look of impassiveness.
“Yeah. You Dust’s sister too?” Blanket’s voice was laced with sarcasm. She peered back into the water, spotting another fish. It wasn’t as large as Shade’s fish, but it also wasn’t so far away that she’d have to enter the water to get it. With one fluid snapping motion, the slippery fish was clenched between her perfect white teeth.
She set this fish on the pile as well. The scruffy dog appeared to be trying to getting her attention. Her gaze barely passed his massive grin and big doe-eyes before she went back to the water.
Her own serene reflection stared back at her. Much better.

Seeker turned her back to her, trotting towards the camp. "I'm not saying that to you. I know we can't do anything about it, they're just gone and that's it. I'm just... Mad. You would be too if Ash or Flame died. Dark was the only thing I've had, the only dog who really ever stood up for me. I blame myself for her death, and the rogues. I dragged her away from Dark Pack, when Rip Pack rejected and attacked us I brought her here, and just when we were free too, I let her die, alone." She murmured, eyes glazed.

Seeker jumped backwards, teeth bared in a ruthless snarl, her body recoiled back and ready to attack until she realized it was Riverfire. She mumbled something under her breath, but shook her head. "Never mind. Did you catch their scent, or see them? The killed Sandstorm and Silverpup, not just Dark. And they just took Hollyshadow." She said, letting her face go emotionless once more, and stalked up to her pack-mate, searing eyes staring down at him.

Rain dropped her kill, licking her lips nervously. "Who... Who are you?" She asked, backing up a little, sucking in a breath to try and catch Avalanche's scent. "Why do you smell like Raven and Water?" She said slowly, eyes staring at the blood on the dark dog's coat.
(Troutfin didn't attack anybody during the war. I actually didn't start rping him until it was over. XD)

Riverfire stared at her blankly. "That many of our packmates.. are dead?" He looked shocked, and the angry expression in his eyes momentarily disappeared. "A gray he-wolf. Yellow eyes. Seemed young. His fangs were wet with Troutfin's blood." He snarled, the hatred returning to his eyes. "I'll find that wretched wolf and end him.." he growled to himself.

Avalanche continued to slowly advance. "Your pack is weakening," she growled softly, an almost hungry look in her eyes. "And soon, it will end."

"I'm mad, too, Seeker. I'm their Alpha. I'm supposed to protect them." Birch shook her head slowly, sighing deeply. "No one knew. I didn't even know there were rouges in the territory. You couldn't have done anything."
(Troutfin didn't attack anybody during the war. I actually didn't start rping him until it was over. XD)

Riverfire stared at her blankly. "That many of our packmates.. are dead?" He looked shocked, and the angry expression in his eyes momentarily disappeared. "A gray he-wolf. Yellow eyes. Seemed young. His fangs were wet with Troutfin's blood." He snarled, the hatred returning to his eyes. "I'll find that wretched wolf and end him.." he growled to himself.

Avalanche continued to slowly advance. "Your pack is weakening," she growled softly, an almost hungry look in her eyes. "And soon, it will end."
Another one?!
Birch repressed a growl, padding up to Riverfire. "No, you won't. You will come with us." She jerked her head towards camp. "Then we can figure out what to do."

"I'm mad, too, Seeker. I'm their Alpha. I'm supposed to protect them." Birch shook her head slowly, sighing deeply. "No one knew. I didn't even know there were rouges in the territory. You couldn't have done anything."

Another one?!
Birch repressed a growl, padding up to Riverfire. "No, you won't. You will come with us." She jerked her head towards camp. "Then we can figure out what to do."

(I forgot who he was, I realized after I posted it, I edited it :p)

Seeker nodded, a savage hatred coming to her eyes at the description of the wolf. "We'll get rid of them, all of them, soon. But Alpha's right. We need to go back to camp first. Make sure everyone else is... Okay." She said, her muzzle twitching. "They were all good dogs."

Rain backed up even more, the dog's intentions clear to her. "You killed them, didn't you?" She whispered, but it was more of a statement. "You're wrong, together we're stronger than you. All of you." She growled, before whipping her head up, letting out a deep howl for help. C'mon, someone. Hear me.

Another one?!
Riverfire opened his muzzle, and it looked like he was about to argue. But then he reluctantly closed it and nodded.
(I forgot who he was, I realized after I posted it, I edited it :p)

Seeker nodded, a savage hatred coming to her eyes at the description of the wolf. "We'll get rid of them, all of them, soon. But Alpha's right. We need to go back to camp first. Make sure everyone else is... Okay." She said, her muzzle twitching. "They were all good dogs."

Rain backed up even more, the dog's intentions clear to her. "You killed them, didn't you?" She whispered, but it was more of a statement. "You're wrong, together we're stronger than you. All of you." She growled, before whipping her head up, letting out a deep howl for help. C'mon, someone. Hear me.
Avalanche grinned with a savage glee in her eyes and lunged forward, sinking her fangs in Rain's throat.

Riverfire opened his muzzle, and it looked like he was about to argue. But then he reluctantly closed it and nodded.

Avalanche grinned with a savage glee in her eyes and lunged forward, sinking her fangs in Rain's throat.
Seeker raised her head, ears pushed forward as a strangled howl filled the air. "Alpha, Riverfire, you hear that?" She growled, cocking her head to try and pick up it's direction.

Rain's howl slowly died down, a strange gurgle filling her throat as the she-dog's fangs punctured it and blood dripped from her parted jaws. She tried to jerk backwards, but that only succeeded in tearing the weak dog's jugular even worse.
She gave a odd gasp, desperate for air but none reached her lungs as a growing fire consumed her throat and ebbed down her body. Slowly, she crumpled to the ground, half dragging Avalanche down with her as the life creeped out of Rain's body forever.

Rain trotted through the slightly damp forest, the greens of the leaves and grass a much more rich color due to the priorly non-stop rainfall. She had always loved to get out of the camp and patrol whenever it had just stopped raining, that was one of the reason why she chose her slightly cliche name.
And, of course, she needed to get out of camp, with all the never-ending whines of pain and scent of drying blood. With all the memories of her now dead sister.
She stopped for a second, bending down to try to pick up the fading scent of rabbits.
(Avalanche, Vulture, Grant, Windigo, somebody, she's open to kill XD)

A grey and golden he-dog stretched out on the warm sand, his eyes half opened lazily. A flutter of movement broke the haze of Shade's sight, and he fully opened his black eyes with a yawn.
He slowly rose to his paws, eyeing the young-- And rather pretty, she-dog in-front of him. Who... Ah, Blanket. He had never really held a conversation with her, but he had seen her from time to time after she joined the pack with her brother.
Shade rose his tail and started waving it in a friendly manner before trotting forward, sitting down at the grey she-dog's side. "Hey, Blanket, mind if I join you?" He asked silkily, his jaws slightly parted in a playful grin.

Seeker nodded slowly, picking up a shared depression in the alpha's voice. She lowered her snout, trying to pick up any scents, before turning to look at the dogs around her.
Raksha was the farthest away from her, her head raised in a proud arch. Hawk, Hollyshadow, and Cave were taking up the rear, Birch was leading them with her head low to the ground-- No doubt searching for the scent of the killer, Obsidian was beside her, looking rather dazed, and Hollyshadow--
She stopped in her tracks, whirling around. "Where's Hollyshadow? She can't have run off, again..." She muttered, cold eyes glaring into the shadows for the she-yote, before strained whine reached her ears from somewhere in the surrounding woods. "You hear that? Someone's hurt. It's gotta be her." She growled, beginning to take off in that direction. Not again, not again.

Birch whipped around, muzzle tilting upward as a howl split the air, and Seeker was muttering about Hollyshadow, before she took off. She was about to follow her, but paused at Hawk's side. "Take everybody to camp. Do not come looking for us. I need you in camp, make sure no one leaves." Her cold alpha stance faded briefly, her jaws parting again, more words on the tip of her tongue, until a whine echoed in the distance. "Be careful, Hawk." Then she turned and took off after Seeker, easily catching up to the she-dog. "Careful," she growled. "Who knows if there's more of them lurking around. There's certainly more then one scent."

As Birch and Seeker split off from the main pack, Raksha's head snapped up. Her eyes narrowed as she struggled to listen through the faint ringing in her ears. Was she just that exhausted?
Her trot slowed to a walk. It was hard to keep putting weight on her injured leg; it sang with pain, jabbing spikes along her tendons with every step.
Don't look at it, she told herself. You'll make it home, and then, maybe, you can get it looked at. Just get home.

Cave caught up to Raksha, keeping a tail-length of space to her left.
"You okay?" she asked.
Raksha spared her a sideways glance and nodded. She was panting hard, head level with her back and facing determinedly forward.
"You're limping like you got bit by a snake or something," Cave said, a weak attempt at a joke. She leaned forward to get a better look at Raksha's leg, and she bared her teeth in an almost threatening growl.
"It's probably infected," Raksha hissed quietly. "But we can't worry about it till we get back to camp, so just - ow - just let me be."
Frowning, Cave's ears pricked nervously. "Alright," she said.

Back
Top Bottom