>~* A Howl At Midnight>~* A FORGOTTEN DOGS ROLEPLAY!

Birch lowered her head as Seeker entered the scene, unable to muster the rage that Riverfire expressed. She merely stood, shaking her pelt. "Camp. Now." She rasped, glancing between the two dogs, already heading in that direction.
They quickly approached camp, Birch's heart thudding with the fear that something was waiting in the shadows, that she, Seeker and Riverfire would meet the same, horrifying fate as their packmates. She didn't want to be scared but it was the only thing she felt, and she couldn't turn it off. At least I can feel something.
She ducked her head as they entered the camp, lifting her head once she entered. She didn't pause as she entered camp, launching herself onto the alpha's rock. "River Pack!" She raised her voice, looking down at them. "Please gather for a pack meeting."
Seeker trotted behind Birch, her head pounding. What are we going to do about the bodies? Some patrol is gonna have to go out and gather up five of their dead pack-mates, maybe more. And Hollyshadow is missing, but she's probably dead too, by now... As they broke through into camp and Birch lept upon the alpha's rock and called for a pack meeting, Seeker sat closer than usual to it, even though normally she kept to the back sidelines.

Night abandoned Hawk at the middle of camp, walking towards the rock with his head high before sitting back on his haunches, flanked on either side by Faylane and Frost.

Greypup stuck his head out of the pup's den, eyeing the gathering dogs warily. Knowing he shouldn't come out due to the adults' previous demands that all pups stay in the dens, he settled on simply watching from a distance.
Automatically, he couldn't help but notice the missing faces. Silverpup, Dark, Troutfin, Sandstorm, Raven, Hollyshadow, Rain, Water...

Blanket snorted. "You trying to catch a cold?" she asked. The side of his face was now drenched in the chilly water. He looked ridiculous. She absentmindedly dipped a paw in the water. It might be a while before more come along. We honestly got lucky with those first few.
Shade laughed nervously. "Yeah, you know, seemed like a good idea." He also inserted his paw into the water, pawing at the bottom and causing some sand to kick up absentmindedly.

Birch lowered her head as Seeker entered the scene, unable to muster the rage that Riverfire expressed. She merely stood, shaking her pelt. "Camp. Now." She rasped, glancing between the two dogs, already heading in that direction.
They quickly approached camp, Birch's heart thudding with the fear that something was waiting in the shadows, that she, Seeker and Riverfire would meet the same, horrifying fate as their packmates. She didn't want to be scared but it was the only thing she felt, and she couldn't turn it off. At least I can feel something.
She ducked her head as they entered the camp, lifting her head once she entered. She didn't pause as she entered camp, launching herself onto the alpha's rock. "River Pack!" She raised her voice, looking down at them. "Please gather for a pack meeting."
My one River Pack charrie sat down, looking around desperately for Raven. She should be here!

Seeker trotted behind Birch, her head pounding. What are we going to do about the bodies? Some patrol is gonna have to go out and gather up five of their dead pack-mates, maybe more. And Hollyshadow is missing, but she's probably dead too, by now... As they broke through into camp and Birch lept upon the alpha's rock and called for a pack meeting, Seeker sat closer than usual to it, even though normally she kept to the back sidelines.

Night abandoned Hawk at the middle of camp, walking towards the rock with his head high before sitting back on his haunches, flanked on either side by Faylane and Frost.

Greypup stuck his head out of the pup's den, eyeing the gathering dogs warily. Knowing he shouldn't come out due to the adults' previous demands that all pups stay in the dens, he settled on simply watching from a distance.
Automatically, he couldn't help but notice the missing faces. Silverpup, Dark, Troutfin, Sandstorm, Raven, Hollyshadow, Rain, Water...
My one River Pack charrie sat down, looking around desperately for Raven. She should be here!
Birch drew in a long breath, looking down at her pack, all there eyes looking up towards him. "As you all know, a rouge killed Silverpup, Dark and Sandstorm." She began, and though her voice was quiet, it sounded to her like it would stretch for miles in the silence. "But it wasn't just them that met their unfortunate fate today. Rain was also killed, and Hollyshadow is missing, presumed dead." A sharp whimper filled the air, and Birch didn't have to look to know it was Squirrelflight.
"It was initially believed that there was only one rouge, but there appears to be at least one other..." She paused, straightening up. "I'm sure Hawk has already told you this, but the camp is on lockdown until dawn. Pups are to stay in their dens. No dog, and I mean no dog, is to leave camp." She paced the length of the flat rock, watching her pack through narrowed eyes. "For those of you who do not wish to heed my words, your fate will rest in your own paws. This isn't a game. These rouges are vicious and it appears they will not hesitate to kill."
She paused her pacing, letting her cold gaze linger over each and every dog, noticing some of them flinch at her stare. When she spoke again, she let each word linger in the air carefully, her tone steady. "Are my words clear?"

Night trotted forward, his face an unnerving calm as he eyed Hawk. "Understood. Which side of the camp do you want me and--" He threw a slightly annoyed look at the younger Faylane, scrambling up to them. "--Faylane, posted at?" He asked, casting a bland glance at the forest's edge. Best to let him figure out where to put everyone, as to not get everything jumbled up.

Frost slowly crept up, her tail waving nervously. "Should I stay at the medical den in-case anyone's hurt or take a post?" She asked quietly.

Birch drew in a long breath, looking down at her pack, all there eyes looking up towards him. "As you all know, a rouge killed Silverpup, Dark and Sandstorm." She began, and though her voice was quiet, it sounded to her like it would stretch for miles in the silence. "But it wasn't just them that met their unfortunate fate today. Rain was also killed, and Hollyshadow is missing, presumed dead." A sharp whimper filled the air, and Birch didn't have to look to know it was Squirrelflight.
"It was initially believed that there was only one rouge, but there appears to be at least one other..." She paused, straightening up. "I'm sure Hawk has already told you this, but the camp is on lockdown until dawn. Pups are to stay in their dens. No dog, and I mean no dog, is to leave camp." She paced the length of the flat rock, watching her pack through narrowed eyes. "For those of you who do not wish to heed my words, your fate will rest in your own paws. This isn't a game. These rouges are vicious and it appears they will not hesitate to kill."
She paused her pacing, letting her cold gaze linger over each and every dog, noticing some of them flinch at her stare. When she spoke again, she let each word linger in the air carefully, her tone steady. "Are my words clear?"
Seated at the front of the anxious group, Hawk dipped his head deeply in appreciation for Birch's directives. He was internally pleased that she'd happened to word her commands so similarly to his earlier orders, but that was a matter of simple irony for another day. "Night and Faylane have already taken up posts at camp's perimeter, but I suggest that we continue to post additional sentries, Alpha."

Breeze had remained at the entrance to the healers' den for the duration of the double announcements, receiving the devastating news with an easy, detached kind of regret she'd developed since the war. It wasn't that she didn't feel the losses; she just couldn't afford to let herself fall into grief's debilitating rut. Now that she was entirely without family, she'd promised herself she'd take advantage of the incredible freedom that liberation brought.
Now she paced forward, planting a paw just ahead of Frost and directing her back toward their den. "You won't be involved in this," she woofed in firm correction to her apprentice's offer to guard. "We're healers and our own line of duty is just as important."
Obsidian's ears immediately perked when he caught sight of his father's ginger sheen. He'd been all but deaf to Alpha's announcement, thanks to fear. But it would all be okay now. He had his parents.
But when he trotted over to Riverfire on legs shaky with relief, he realized that his father had returned alone- there was no black she-dog hidden beside him.
Obsidian's heart immediately sped up, sending a sickeningly erratic pulse throughout his body, but he tried to ignore it. Oh, how he tried to ignore it. "Mom's...not with you?" He couldn't keep his voice from coming out as a pathetic whine.

Last edited:
Seated at the front of the anxious group, Hawk dipped his head deeply in appreciation for Birch's directives. He was internally pleased that she'd happened to word her commands so similarly to his earlier orders, but that was a matter of simple irony for another day. "Night and Faylane have already taken up posts at camp's perimeter, but I suggest that we continue to post additional sentries, Alpha."

Breeze had remained at the entrance to the healers' den for the duration of the double announcements, receiving the devastating news with an easy, detached kind of regret she'd developed since the war. It wasn't that she didn't feel the losses; she just couldn't afford to let herself fall into grief's debilitating rut. Now that she was entirely without family, she'd promised herself she'd take advantage of the incredible freedom that liberation brought.
Now she paced forward, planting a paw just ahead of Frost and directing her back toward their den. "You won't be involved in this," she woofed in firm correction to her apprentice's offer to guard. "We're healers and our own line of duty is just as important."

Obsidian's ears immediately perked when he caught sight of his father's ginger sheen. He'd been all but deaf to Alpha's announcement, thanks to fear. But it would all be okay now. He had his parents.
But when he trotted over to Riverfire on legs shaky with relief, he realized that his father had returned alone- there was no black she-dog hidden beside him.
Obsidian's heart immediately sped up, sending a sickeningly erratic pulse throughout his body, but he tried to ignore it. Oh, how he tried to ignore it. "Mom's...not with you?" He couldn't keep his voice from coming out as a pathetic whine.
Night listened carefully to Birch's and Hawk's statements, his ears flicking back momentarily in remorse for Rain's and Hollyshadow's apparent deaths. "Alpha, from what I've heard no one knows where Raven, Troutfin, or Water are." He informed her respectfully, tipping his head to the higher ranking dog. He quickly sent a regretful glance back at Obsidian and Riverfire, before turning back to Birch.

Seeker watched her alpha dutifully as Birch announced the deaths to a very scattered River Pack, her own eyes acting as windows to her seemingly dead inside emotions. "I can take up a post." She barked, her voice a rather bland tone.

Frost looked back at her packtor, her ears pinned back to her head in submission. "I just... Okay, Breeze. I'm sorry." She murmured, beginning to follow the already equally big she-dog back to the healer's den.

Riverfire glanced at him, his stare so blank it looked for a second like he hadn't recognized his son. He blinked slowly, and finally seemed to be shaken out of his thoughts. "No," he murmured, "she isn't.." he gazed around, some part of him knowing he wouldn't see Raven but still trying desperately to find her. Every time his eyes alighted upon a black canine he stiffened, expecting it be her before realizing that it obviously wasn't.

Night listened carefully to Birch's and Hawk's statements, his ears flicking back momentarily in remorse for Rain's and Hollyshadow's apparent deaths. "Alpha, from what I've heard no one knows where Raven, Troutfin, or Water are." He informed her respectfully, tipping his head to the higher ranking dog. He quickly sent a regretful glance back at Obsidian and Riverfire, before turning back to Birch.

Seeker watched her alpha dutifully as Birch announced the deaths to a very scattered River Pack, her own eyes acting as windows to her seemingly dead inside emotions. "I can take up a post." She barked, her voice a rather bland tone.

Frost looked back at her packtor, her ears pinned back to her head in submission. "I just... Okay, Breeze. I'm sorry." She murmured, beginning to follow the already equally big she-dog back to the healer's den.
"Troutfin is dead," Riverfire barked in response to Night. "A gray he-wolf with yellow eyes killed him." His voice became more of a growl as he once again felt the anger towards Troutfin's killer ignite inside of him.

Shade laughed nervously. "Yeah, you know, seemed like a good idea." He also inserted his paw into the water, pawing at the bottom and causing some sand to kick up absentmindedly.
Blanket retracted her paw, suddenly made uncomfortable by the fact that he was mirroring her movements. "Well I suppose we should put these on the prey pile then." She scooped up her pair of fish and nudged the salmon with her grey nose. The delicious scent overtook her nose. This shaggy dog probably had no idea, but salmon was by far her favorite fish, being the most flavorful of the bunch and tasting the most unlike the awful kibbles she endured in the puppy mill. (I say prey pile because all of the belles and elders are NPCs)
She looked around, fish still in her jaws. Is there even a prey pile? Probably not. After all we've been through, no one's bothered to restock it. She spit the fish back on the ground by the salmon. "Change of plans. Prey pile." Blanket nudged the fish into a more pile-ish shape, though she didn't have a measure-able amount of success, due to the small quantity of stuff.
With a failed escape tactic, Blanket was faced with the very real threat of more awkwardness. As she returned to the water, she scooted farther away from Shade, put a vast amount of space between them.
As she tried to focus on the task at hand, Blanket felt eyes on her pelt. "What do you want?" she asked.

"Troutfin is dead," Riverfire barked in response to Night. "A gray he-wolf with yellow eyes killed him." His voice became more of a growl as he once again felt the anger towards Troutfin's killer ignite inside of him.
Birch dipped her head in response to Hawk's suggestion, looking up towards Seeker. "Thank you, Seeker. And you are right, Hawk."
She swung her muzzle around, looking blankly at Night. "If they haven't returned, then there's nothing we can do." She lowered her head almost guiltily. "I'm sorry."

Back
Top Bottom