A Humble Request: Please Title Posts Descriptively.

Sitka

Songster
10 Years
Jul 7, 2009
Seattle, Washington
I'm sure I have been guilty of this myself, so I don't mean this critically (
old.gif
) , but I have noticed a lot of threads lately that have very vague titles that don't let you know what the post is about. For example, something like "Check this out" or "what is wrong?"
hu.gif

We all have limited time, and BYC is such a candy-store of ideas and opinions, that it is helpful to be able to scan titles and read threads that are of the most interest. I'm sure we've all missed good threads that we would have liked to read because of titles that weren't informative.

So, I would humbly request that we make titles as specific as possible---a quick summary of what the topic is.

Good titles will also help with searches. I believe it will help the original poster as well by drawing more views and replies.

Just a thought. (I only have one a month, so figured I should share it!)
yippiechickie.gif

yuckyuck.gif

I will take 2 orders of the chocolate!

Sitka. I whole heartedly agree. I will personally make every effort to clarify my titles & hope many others will do the same.

Did you mark your calendar as a red letter great thought day?
lau.gif

do i pay for the chocolate now or when i pick it up? paypal or debit card?

seriously, if i see one more, "Help! PLEASE READ" i'm gonna flip out.

it's not that i am not compassionate and don't want to help. it doesn't catch my eye with specific words.

now, will the chocolate get delivered right to my house or do i pick it up somewhere???
bun.gif

OMGosh...LOL....what about the time I posted a thread on Cutting and I think it was like "Any Cutters out there - join me" and when i went back to read up on it everyone had thought I meant cutting as in self-mutilation! I laughed so hard and for so long on that one but I am so used to the term cutting, cutter, and so on that I would have never even thought anyone would think any different than I meant it. I even have t-shirts that say "Cutters Rule"...now I wonder who thinks I'm nuts and who knows what it stands for.....
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I remember that thread! And I wasn't going near it, because I was at a picnic once when a guy started cutting himself, I had to go into emergency mode and it scared the PP out of me once it was over. So glad I know differently now.
lau.gif

PLEASE everyone, make that title accurate.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom