A little advice needed

KinnaChickie

Songster
Jul 29, 2018
UP NORTHIN BAMA!!!
So I've watched many videos on YouTube where people say they ferment their chicken feed. Is this ok and what's the process? Does it really help cut costs? Also noticed alot of people say they feed their chickens meat. I mean I know they eat bugs and lizards and things but is it ok to feed them scraps? I'm interested in knowing what people think.

The main point of feeding fermented feed isn't so much to cut costs but to enhance nutrition. The fermenting process releases more nutrients and natural probiotics than dry feed provides. But it is true there is zero waste with fermented feed.

Animal protein is always a good addition to any chicken diet. As with anything to do with chickens, moderation is best.

So I've watched many videos on YouTube where people say they ferment their chicken feed. Is this ok and what's the process? Does it really help cut costs? Also noticed alot of people say they feed their chickens meat. I mean I know they eat bugs and lizards and things but is it ok to feed them scraps? I'm interested in knowing what people think.

never have served fermented feed, but have given wet feed and they love it. Feed plus water, stir, let sit 10 min, add more water to make it like a thick batter. No waste. But they get dry food too.

Meat: yes, they love it. We butchered a few unwanted cockerels and ate some, but fed the leftovers to the chickens...

Feed should be primary food though. It is formulated to meet their needs.

never have served fermented feed, but have given wet feed and they love it. Feed plus water, stir, let sit 10 min, add more water to make it like a thick batter. No waste. But they get dry food too.

Meat: yes, they love it. We butchered a few unwanted cockerels and ate some, but fed the leftovers to the chickens...

Feed should be primary food though. It is formulated to meet their needs.
AWESOME!!! IM ALL FOR NO WASTE. HECK IT CUTS DOWN ON THE FEED BILL IF WE ARE CAREFUL ABOUT THE WASTE. I WILL TRY THE WET FOOD BATTER METHOD. SOUNDS PROMISING. AND YES I HAVE FOUND NOT ONLY DO MY HOGS ENJOY THE LEFT OVER MEAT BUT MY CHICKENS DO AS WELL...THANKS AGAIN.

The main point of feeding fermented feed isn't so much to cut costs but to enhance nutrition. The fermenting process releases more nutrients and natural probiotics than dry feed provides. But it is true there is zero waste with fermented feed.

Animal protein is always a good addition to any chicken diet. As with anything to do with chickens, moderation is best.
SEE I LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY. I HAD NO CLUE IT RELEASED THE PROBIOTICS IN THE FEED. THATS AMAZING BECAUSE I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED IF THEIR FEED WAS AT MAX POTENTIAL IT COULD BE. AND OF COURSE ANIMAL PROTEIN IN MODERATION.

My chickens liked the fermented feed at first, but now don't care for it anymore! They prefer the dry, so that's what I've gone back to. I use Scratch and Peck, Starter.
WELL I LEARNED THE HARD WAY THEY LIKE COTTAGE CHEESE. LOL. I WAS SITTING OUTSIDE JUST WATCHING THEM RUN THE YARD EATING SOME COTTAGE CHEESE AND PINEAPPLE AND MAN I TELL YOU WHAT, ONE OF MY RIR CAME AND KNOCKED MY BOWL OUT MY LAP AND WENT TO TOWN. THEY ATE IT ALL. LOL

My chickens favorite meat is chicken (cooked of course) they also love fish! Any kind of fish. They’re least favorite is beef.
OMG REALLY....MY DAUGHTER(13) SAID TO ME MOMMA....ISNT FEEDING THEM CHICKEN LIKE FEEDING THEM THEIR COUSINS. I HAD THE MOST PERPLEXED LOOK ON MY FACE. LOL. BUT HONESTLY THEY EAT THEIR OWN EGG SHELLS BUT MEAT WISE IVE GIVEN THEM FISH AND PORK A LITTLE BIT.

Back
Top Bottom