A little family coop from Italy

Speenda

In the Brooder
Sep 30, 2023
Hi everyone! We have a little chicken flock in Piedmont, Italy. It's something I do (or, better, my father does) just for fun, having (for now) four chickens, all of different breeds, living in their little chicken town. Our egg-laying family is composed of:

- Becca, the olive egger, the Queen of the flock and the Mother of all chicks. A bit bossy and vain. She is now nursing three newborn chicks! More info to come.
- Tina, the livornese/leghorn, is the second chicken added to the flock and the second one in the pecking order. She is just recovering from an illness that left her with a limp. Both her and Becca are about two years old.
- Celes, the araucana, the Princess of the flock. She is about 9 months old, beautiful and very small. She is constantly the last one in pecking order and eating order, so she uses her speed to snatch food from the elders!
- Mara, the black copper Marans, a fresh entry in the flock: she is just 6 months old and joined the other ones one month ago! However, she is by far the biggest girl around, so she had no trouble showing her supremacy, at least to Celes. We are waiting for her first egg!

No rooster yet, we will see what Mommy Becca will bring us!

Hi everyone! We have a little chicken flock in Piedmont, Italy. It's something I do (or, better, my father does) just for fun, having (for now) four chickens, all of different breeds, living in their little chicken town. Our egg-laying family is composed of:

- Becca, the olive egger, the Queen of the flock and the Mother of all chicks. A bit bossy and vain. She is now nursing three newborn chicks! More info to come.
- Tina, the livornese/leghorn, is the second chicken added to the flock and the second one in the pecking order. She is just recovering from an illness that left her with a limp. Both her and Becca are about two years old.
- Celes, the araucana, the Princess of the flock. She is about 9 months old, beautiful and very small. She is constantly the last one in pecking order and eating order, so she uses her speed to snatch food from the elders!
- Mara, the black copper Marans, a fresh entry in the flock: she is just 6 months old and joined the other ones one month ago! However, she is by far the biggest girl around, so she had no trouble showing her supremacy, at least to Celes. We are waiting for her first egg!

No rooster yet, we will see what Mommy Becca will bring us!
Welcome to BYC!! :)

Back
Top Bottom