A little mystery chick with feathered legs. What could she be?

Quote:
The EEs are VERY friendly. She's a bit shy but will warm up if you hang around for awhile. Do you have some photos of your 17 week old golden laced cochins?

I'll look but if not, I can get some tomorrow
smile.png
I know I have a pic of my roo...he is a pretty little thing
smile.png
I will check and post later!

Here is the best pic I have of my golden laced cochin roo...he is about 15 weeks old here. I will get better pics for you tomorrow. He is just so pretty
smile.png

89767_chickens_028.jpg

For size comparison, here he is next to one of our NNs, they have the same hatch date...

89767_chickens_024.jpg

Last edited:
What kind of comb does your chick have? Cochins have single combs. They also should have yellow feet.

If I had to guess I would say your chick is a bantam Cochin crossed with an easter egger.
smile.png

Quote:
Good catch! I never noticed the leg color, just how much it looked like my silver laced
smile.png
I am getting used to hatchery vs breeder quality also and see many differences there. Thanks for the lesson...I love learning new things!

She definitely has green/blue legs. Watching her change daily is interesting.

Quote:
Very handsome! Is he really that much smaller or is it just the angle of the photo?

He was really that much smaller...I have some great shots from today...I will post as soon as I download my camera
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom