A lone, Canadian Goose?

Thank you, I've read part of that before, it's so interesting! The part at the end about the two other geese,, either his buddies thought he was dead and left them, or no one noticed he was gone!

I have never heard of the two winggoose theory but have seen it many times when the mate falls behind. maybe when a parent falls the not yet matched young falls too but that would be in the fall when they are heading South to winter over?

Sorry, had an after school presentation with all of our afterschool programs and I just got home. We only saw the goose once today, it's been rainy and icky all day so we weren't outside much. I took some scratch with me this morning and put it outside on the side of my portable when we went in this morning. When we went to the D.A.R.E. graduation about an hour later it was gone. When we came back it was standing by the portable but gone when we went to lunch and we didn't see it again the rest of the day. He/she wasn't make any noise today, no honking and calling or anything.

To me is sounds as if it might be someones goose. Our Canadas live in an orchard so it isnt easy for them to land. We have one that isnt pinioned. I didnt clip her wings this summer and a few weeks ago I was at a friends about 1/2 mile away and there was a Canada goose flying over JUST like your describing, She landed in his yard with his other geese and was my goose (Had a band on), I left her alone and went back to where the others live, about an hour later she showed back up. So maybe someone raised it, and it just realized it could really fly... But I have never seen a wild Canada act like that

Ok, this morning, no goose, at lunch, goose, at 2, ............................ 4 goose!!! Errrr Geese! At 2:30, 4 geese flying away! I don't know where the others came from, but when we went outside to walk to the buses at 2:09 there were 4 geese standing behind my portable, by the time the buses pulled out they were in the air, circled the school and headed kind of South towards El Paso.

I'm happy, I don't know if it was part of his/her group, but at least they came and got it. I was worried about being around the school while we were out for 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom