A Mystery That Needs Solving ASAP!!!!!!!

haystack613

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 18, 2014
The first kill- the little sliding door was cracked open, one chicken lying there dead with its feathers spread everywhere and all the eggs were sucked out but the twist is there were like five other chickens not touched.
The second kill- everything was locked up one chicken lying there dead with its feathers spread everywhere and but the eggs where gone and shells,also one chicken is missing while there were like three chickens untouched.
The chicken coop run is chain link and one side of the fence has cinder blocks under because it was to short.
PLEASE HELP I NEED TO FIND OUT ASAP!!!!!!

Sounds like it could be a raccoon or possum. The gaps in chain link are pretty large. Can the predator get in from the top? Raccoons have been known to lift a garage door.

Could be a raccoon... or something else. Sorry, nobody can tell you for sure. Every day in this forum people are asking the same question and it is never conclusively answered.

This is the video of the raccoon escaping through a closed garage door and avoiding a trap but getting the cat food. Good luck!

That's not your video right?

I'm assuming it's not, anyway...

It's a very misleading and a script of what not to do. They did everything wrong, especially disconnect the garage door. The only way it can move is if you disconnect it. There's 2 coons in that video not one, and if you position the trap so the only access is from the front you will catch raccoons.

Anyway just wanted to point out that raccoons can be caught, just not like that. What I really don't understand is why not just deal with it once you realize it's inside, or call animal control and let them deal with it

Could be a raccoon... or something else. Sorry, nobody can tell you for sure. Every day in this forum people are asking the same question and it is never conclusively answered.

Really can't be....

If you have no way to tell, how is someone going to be able to tell you who's not there. Thing is most predators kill the same way, and any day a kill from one can look like a kill from another.

A fox will not always only kill one bird and take it, and an owl didn't always eat the head first. Same with raccoons or even pet dogs, any animal can cause any attack anyday. Obviously there are clues that help but not always, sometimes all you have is carnage, no tracks, no bite patterns, no specific structure damage, no conclusive evidence what so ever just a bunch of dead chickens.

When there is enough evidence most people just don't know what they are looking at. A lot of times its first time owners that make tragic mistakes, than are so upset having to clean up they don't do enough looking to find out the who or why.

That's why it's so difficult to come to a conclusion

That's not your video right?

I'm assuming it's not, anyway...

It's a very misleading and a script of what not to do. They did everything wrong, especially disconnect the garage door. The only way it can move is if you disconnect it. There's 2 coons in that video not one, and if you position the trap so the only access is from the front you will catch raccoons.

Anyway just wanted to point out that raccoons can be caught, just not like that. What I really don't understand is why not just deal with it once you realize it's inside, or call animal control and let them deal with it

No not my video. I wanted to illustrate how clever they are.

if a coon opens your garage door that's your own fault they come with locks for a reason. the first coon i see that can break a dead bolt on a garage door, i'm not even going to try to shoot it it can have my house'

Here's a mystery. Momma bird on a nest in ferns on the easement, gets three of fifteen eggs hatched before 9 pm. The next morning just after 6, all that is left is ten babies with two dud eggs and two fern fronds bent over the nest. No feathers, blood, trauma, or destruction. Oh, and remaining babies are healthy and vibrant.

Back
Top Bottom