A neighbor/acquaintance came over this evening...(a bit long)

I am sure this was not funny for you at the time, but I have to tell you, I was up several time through the night for work and I just logged in to see what is going on on BYC and read this. This greatly brightened my day and helps me keep things in perspective. There are some great people in this world and there are some who are a little odd.

I calls those EGR's. "Extra Grace Required".

Quote:
Throw in my chicken coop(s) lol and that sounds like my kind o' front yard !!
wink.png

Go buy yerself a dozen, i can't believe i'm gonna say this..FORGIVE ME!!!, store bot eggs. And every once in a while put one where she will find it and never ever let on. Don't even look at her again.
lau.gif

th.gif
Well, clearly, any sweet chickie that keeps that snooty looney-tunes off your property deserves a plush home for life whether she ever lays one egg or not. Good girl, Speckles! Gee, too bad that doesn't work for my nosy neighbor.

Thats hilarious!!! I live out in the country and even though some people won't admit it, they love my chickens. My church "family" likes to joke about how I talk about my chickens all the time but when their kids come over(my little sister brings friends home all the time, lol), guess whos in there playing with the chicks. My boyfriend isn't crazy about chickens but he doesn't mind them, sooooooo, out here isn't anything like out there. At least you got rid of a mean neighbor.
tongue.png

P.S. Tell your killer chick not to look so scary, lol.

You could have said-"CHICKEN??? OH No, it's my new parrot!" Her name is Speckles." Maybe she would think parrots are better???

I am sorry you had to go through this, but I enjoyed your response to it. As my mantra is to try *never* to take anything like this personally, I'm guessing this woman is not pleasant in general, to ANYONE -- if she stops in unannounced to the neighbors, there may be others who find her annoying too. Her husband is probably *used* to this sort of outburst and sounds like he suffers in silence. You may have made HIS day!

I feel sorry for her poor husband. Can you imagine being shackled to such a high maintanence woman?

I think your killer chicken is cute. Give her a pat on the head from me and tell her "good job".

I'm...Just...Speechless...

For a variation on dixiedoodle's respone:

"Chicken?!?! WHERE! OMG! IT'S EATING MY HEAD! AAAAGH!"

Probably would have gotten her out of the house even faster.

Back
Top Bottom