A noise concerns for chicks...Pics of chicks!

Basement or Room next to

• Basement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Room next to

Votes: 10 100.0%

• Total voters
Clare...Good thing i don't have terriers then.
wink.png

CHICKS WILL BE COMING IN SIX DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't worry! i'll be posting so many BYC will be overloading!
big_smile.png
I am so excited, yet I am worried, do i have everything ready? will it be hot enough? Will they like me? ect....
roll.png

For those that keep their chicks in brooders inside their home, are the chicks noisy at night? Like enough to keep you from sleeping? Or do they actually sleep at night? Just asking because once I order chicks for June, I was planning on keeping them in a brooder with a heat lamp in our shed. But if they are quiet at night maybe I will consider keeping inside the house.

They can be noisy at times, but like a baby they will choose when to sleep and when to be awake at all hours of the night! I live an hour south of you and if you are getting them in June they will be fine out in the shed. They can kick up the dust and stink after they have been in the house for a week or two!

Mine never stink and are really quiet. I change the pine shavings once a week. They live in a 10 gallon tank on my kitchen bar. I only have 2 though! That may be why!

Last edited:
Well thats why I asked - I have a 10 gal tank with a perfect top to a heat lamp to rest, all I would have to buy is the feed/water supplies. If I start off with 3 and brood them in there, I would do it sooner rather than in June and keep them inside with me.

That sounds perfect! Check out my pics of mine on my profile. 3 would be fine in there til about 6 weeks til ready to go in the coop! :)

Oh wow, that would be perfect! My husband and I were just talking about Easter and possibly doing an egg hunt with the kids. If I can I'd like to do some sort of egg hunt and leave a chick near the eggs in the yard if it's not too cold of course. The problem would be keeping it confined in something small enough for the chick to be ok in, but not too big to where it sticks out like a sore thumb in the yard to the kids' eyes. Hmmm....Now I'm really getting an itch to get some LOL

Back
Top Bottom