A series of Events...The making of a mother in Chile

PATOS

Songster
Jan 1, 2019
Okay I noticed that Goldie, our most active female, had a prolapsed cloaca. I had to gently push it back in place and gave her a warm water rinse- We separated her and it got better fast-2 days..

We have collected all of our eggs until now- we were going to buy an incubator, but we couldn't afford it this month- we separated the boys at night and the girls made a beautiful nest and layed all 5 eggs there so we decided to try and encourage Goldie to sit and brood- since we have never left the eggs there before we took the nest and put a small wooden tomato box underneath and isolated Goldie in the house with the nest, and food/water for her. She milled around for the fist 30 minutes or so and the she sat on the eggs for several hours!

Over the last 2 days we have kept her separated except for an hour in the morning in the run. W give her the run 3 times a day for 30 minutes or so and then put her back in the house and she sits on the eggs. We put another girl in with her for company last night. If we see another cloacae problem we will do the same- I think miss Mally is next.
This morning the eggs were warm...???

gll.jpeg
20190428_144811.jpg

Back
Top Bottom