A Very Vocal Hen....getting close to laying?

littleandlewis

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 30, 2011
We have six hens...two are laying the rest seem to be weeks behind. One of the non-layers has become very vocal in the last few days.... squawking/talking and acting busy. She makes frequent jaunts into the coop but then comes out....I know this is projecting, but is she thinking " What is this weird feeling.... " as she gets ready to lay her first egg?

I often found the egg song happening before they actually laid an egg so I hope that is the case for you!
smile.png
Sounds close!

Quote:
One of my EE's went crazy a couple of days before she first laid. She would go in the coop and get on the highest roost and make the most racket you have ever heard. Then she would come running out squawking her head off. She is still quite noisy, but I think being more busy and vocal than normal is a very good sign. I am crossing my fingers for you!!!

Same here. My most quiet girl got really vocal just before she laid the first time. It was as though she was upset cause she didn't know what was wrong. I'm probably projecting just a bit here but I did spend some time sitting in the coop with her yelling so maybe it affected me
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom