AAAGGGGGHHHHH GRRRRRR...Rant

CrazyChickieMama

Songster
11 Years
Feb 23, 2008
Bolton, NC
okay...on the craigslist for where I live there is an ad for rehoming a rottweiler.
Nothing out of the ordinary until you read further into it...
They are moving and don't have room in their 1,100 SQ FT condo?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
(they actually put the size of the new place in the ad)
th.gif

That's the same size as my house and I have 2 great danes living in mine!!!!!!!

The poor girl is 4 yrs old and believe me, if I hadn't already been threatened with divorce if I brought home anymore animals, she would be coming to my house.

It's called TAKE YOUR DOG FOR WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

We had our female dane when we lived in an Apt. and she did just fine with plenty of walks and going to the dog park.

I am so angry I'm shaking and want to e-mail these people and ask them exactly why they need to get rid of this dog. If it was a breed restriction I could understand(although there are plenty of places where those don't apply)

sorry...just sick of people not wanting to take responsibilty for their animals.

Rant officially over!!!!

understandable...but then again, you have a dog...why even look at places that don't allow pets. There are about 20 complexes here in Wilmington that allow animals. some do have weight and breed restrictions but others do not. it's a matter of looking and searching. We had to do it when we looked for a place and we found one.

Shoot!! I read about a couple that were long haul truck drivers and they had a rottweiller. If you can manage a rottweiller in the sleeper of a big rig you can manage one in a condo. They got the puppy and then some time later they decided to go on the road and they did the responsible thing and took their companion with them. Since the dog needed a fair amount of exercise I imagine that caring for the dog forced them to keep themselves in good physical shape also.

understandable...but then again, you have a dog...why even look at places that don't allow pets.

my thoughts exactly.

I don't make any plans that exclude my animals. When I take in a pet it's till death do us part for me.

Also, I had my leonberger in an apartment in NY... used to take him to work with me everyday because our brownstone office had a backyard.

Hopefully that Rottie will find a decent home.​

Back
Top Bottom