AAHHhhhh 40" Black snake in nesting box!!

The family and I have been traveling. Talked with my neighbor that has been looking after the girls.....

Yesterday one of the perps was back. Apparently with what looked like one egg in his digestive tract and one in mouth. I was told of a battle that had taken place. My neighbor ultimately winning back the egg!

Normally my neighbor removes the snakes heads when he finds them. He said he didn't harm this one other than giving him piloting lessons. ;)

I should do a search on "snake away" and see if it actually works or is just "snake oil", ha ha.

Mosquito's, house flies and "palmetto bugs" are pests. I really cannot blame these snakes that want a free meal. I will try anything and everything before they get offed. The black snakes are really a benefit to have around.

I live in the South, we had a very mild winter that has affected the snake population this year according to our bug man.

mosquitos, house flies, and palmetto bugs all want a free meal too. what's the difference?

how is something that steals your food a "benefit to have around"?

: )

don't get me wrong, if you like having the snakes around that's great, but why complain about them stealing eggs?

or am i over thinking this?

mosquitos, house flies, and palmetto bugs all want a free meal too. what's the difference?

how is something that steals your food a "benefit to have around"?

: )

don't get me wrong, if you like having the snakes around that's great, but why complain about them stealing eggs?

or am i over thinking this?
He'll get there....couple more visits and that snake is history.

Back
Top Bottom